JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sergeant York sure seemed to use his to good effect.
His 1911 that is .
He always said "Uncle Sam's Medal isn't for sale." , when asked to tell his story.
I am glad he finally got around to tell it.
Andy

I wouldn't call the article positive media on the 1911 considering that NationalInterest.Org can be considered politically similar to the National Rifle Association. I'd be smiling a HUGE smile if it were published in the New York Times, and be thinking, "There! Take that Bloomberg, you miserable fvck!" Sadly, the article doesn't discuss at all why enemies still fear the 1911. [edit] Even sadder still, while I don't read much anymore, I think you'll have to look long and hard to find unbiased reporting from any major news media outlet. The only articles I can remember reading in the last decade that were fairly unbiased were in the Wall Street Journal and the Economist.

I don't think that our lack of US based manufacturing would be a problem. We have more tooling, more factory space, and still have remarkable depth in natural resources, if it ever came to that. IMO, the manufacturing we don't do here is because of environmental regulation and labor rates. Funny thing, a lot of the stuff built overseas could be built as inexpensively or even less, here. In my travels to companies, I have come across a handful of examples where it was done, and yet contracts were lost to China because of corporate mentality. Go figure.
As we have seen in a steady progression, the next war is going to be one of technology, and that is an area where we do have tremendous capacity and capability.

The funny thing is, while the 1911 may have more *measured* recoil, it has less and a different kind of *felt* recoil--1911 recoil is a straight line that comes gradually, while a high-bore-axis polymer 9mm it's all at once and with a high flip, kind of like why a pilot who weathers a 9-g maneuver just fine in a slower*-G-loading blacks out doing the same 9-g maneuver in a much snappier F-22.
*In relative terms; an F-16 can still dish out more than most of us here can take, myself included!

Last Edited:
Think about this, The U.S. arsenals are still stocked to the ceilings with surplus and left overs from WW-1 to present in many cases, something very smart that our armed forces have always done in the last 117 years or so! Think how many millions of small arms still sitting there packed in original grease and packaging, in hopes that some day, if this nation ever had the need, the arsenal of freedom could be rolled out in very short order! Just to give you an idea, there are close to 2 million 1911's sitting in storage right now!

Though more likely it'd be an AR15 rather than a 1911.
?
I was thinking whatever guns were available. Never mentioned 1911s or ARs
It would be easy to supply whatever guns the forces wanted. You might have to go to every gun shop there is. Or just give some guys vouchers for certain guns and group them together.
Not that anyone from the military is reading or cares about my posts:confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads