JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If that technology became prevalent, it could then easily be used against you by any government who sought to simply "turn off" your firearm.

===================================

That's a very good point, this and what BSG17 say's and shows in post 17.
For every good use of them I can think of you guy's are giving me 3 reasons not to want anything to do with them. lol

Interesting times, technology keeps marching on and the times they keep a changing.

===================================

That's a very good point, this and what BSG17 say's and shows in post 17.
For every good use of them I can think of you guy's are giving me 3 reasons not to want anything to do with them. lol

Interesting times, technology keeps marching on and the times they keep a changing.

Sorry if I am late to the party.

Same thing goes for all the "in home cameras" people are installing. They advertise it with cute commercials of you watching your kids get home safe, but the reality is anyone can be watching at any time because you put a camera in your house connected to the internet.

Same thing goes for all those Amazon Alexa's. Basically a wiretap people are willingly putting in their homes.

We Don't need "Smart guns" since it is a brainless tool , that is an Oxymoron ! We need a smarter way to weed out criminals and Since most mass shooters are Democrats or from Democrat voting Families, maybe we should start there !
Cars and Doctors , and prescription Drugs kill more people each year so looks to me like we smarter something else...
Actually , too, we need smarter Politicians who will stop trying to mess with Honest , Law abiding Citizens Rights and Follow the Laws and Constitution as it was Intended and not the Media version of Perverted Propaganda .

Nice pipe dream. I don't trust that kind of technology on my firearms. What if bad actors disable your gun so that they can kill you and rape your family? What if the anti gun crowd finds a way to disable guns en mass via a database? At that point your rights have just been disabled due to complacency.

^^^

This!

Thank you.

I thought and still think that smart guns are a dumb idea.

Cate

Sorry if I am late to the party.

Same thing goes for all the "in home cameras" people are installing. They advertise it with cute commercials of you watching your kids get home safe, but the reality is anyone can be watching at any time because you put a camera in your house connected to the internet.

Same thing goes for all those Amazon Alexa's. Basically a wiretap people are willingly putting in their homes.

Hello,

You wrote exactly what my husband and I have been saying about those in home cameras and other hearing/talking devices aka wire taps!

Creepy!

Cate

I prefer my guns to be simple...less to go wrong when I need it to go bang.

How many folks here have issues with their :
Cell phone..
Remote...
Computer...
Old electrics on cars...

And now someone wants me to trust that same technology when I need to :
Win a rifle match...
Shoot a game animal...
Save my or someone else's life...
No thank you.
Andy

Why don't they invent (Vote or Appoint.) and put Smart Judges filled with brains, common sense, justice and COMPASSION towards the Victim, Victims and Society in General into power that will actually DO something to the MURDERER, any other type of Violent Criminal and REPEAT OFFENDER (Thief, rapist, mugger, white collar criminal, etc.) once he or she is found guilty after a fair trial?!

Yeah, I know that makes too much sense when it comes to the left wing/liberal/crazy judges and other elected officials (Politicians!) who care MORE for gang members, illegal aliens, criminal citizens and others of their nasty ilk.

Heck, when I see these so called ! judges RULE AGAINST the Border Patrol, ICE, many federal laws that have been on the books for ALL other people in the past, etc. and BIND THE HANDS of police departments in so called freaking sanctuary cities/states... I want to vomit.

Cate

Heck, when I see these so called ! judges RULE AGAINST the Border Patrol, ICE, many federal laws that have been on the books for ALL other people in the past, etc. and BIND THE HANDS of police departments in so called freaking sanctuary cities/states... I want to vomit.

Cate

And now the city of Portland OR wants to take firearms away from their police. What so they can be Bobbies... not going to work, this is not England!

"I'm am suggesting that this type of technology could be useful for some, like possibly law enforcement."

No, no it couldn't be useful. It's a terrible idea.

"Interesting times, technology keeps marching on and the times they keep a changing."

Uh-ha, says the anti-gun mind set trying different ways to disarm people as time marches on...

Ah, the anti-gun transparency is revealed...

Innovation is good, and companies can make whatever they like. Let the market decide if there is a viable niche.

Like others said, the problem is when government meddles.

RFID already failed, and was deemed hackable, conclusion... "LET'S TRY IT AGAIN!"
Fingerprint registration, conclusion... "wait, let me wipe the nacho cheese off my hand... my gun isn't reading my prints!"

All in all, you'll be very disappointed with the frequency in which you will have to charge and check for charge in your gun.
"Wait a minute, I need to charge my gun!"
Also...
"Darn... my gun doesn't get signal around these transformers..."

You can't fix stupid, but you sure can distract it with new tech!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top