JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Intense. Glad the officers came out on top and bad guys got a lead sentencing.

LVPD or Sheriffs chase Latino murder suspects after a man was murdered near a car wash. Most of the body cam vid is of the chase, but the last part is the officer/deputy shooting thru his windshield and the out the side window. Note the strange mag change as he gets out of the patrol car. He fired 31rds. :eek:

He killed his windshield.
Is that even legal?

I guess... he's the law!! Not sure how effective those rounds were tho, windshields will typically deflect a bullet... but I don't know how much from the inside... have practiced shooting thru a windshield from the outside, not sure I want to practice those inside shots! :eek: I think he was doing it as suppressive fire, they shot 30rds at him. I think he didn't get hits until he stopped his vehicle.

I can't imagine shooting through his window while driving is condoned by his department. Very surprised they didn't back off the chase when the suspects are taking random shots of the pursuing cops.

I agree. I didn't hear the audio, but I assume control of ending the chase is with the department back at the cop shop. Not sure who makes the call to end it, surely not the dispatcher on his/her own. But yes, public safety may have been better served by not having the suspects flinging bullets around, I just hate to let murderous animals go free to continue their rampage or gang related violence or whatever.

LVPD or Sheriffs chase Latino murder suspects after a man was murdered near a car wash. Most of the body cam vid is of the chase, but the last part is the officer/deputy shooting thru his windshield and the out the side window. Note the strange mag change as he gets out of the patrol car. He fired 31rds. :eek:

Shooting through the windshield was probably more effective than shooting out the window left hand while driving and using the Mic. THESE guys should be paired up . High speed chase while in the Mic looked to awkward. They need 1 guy to communicate and 1 to focus on driving. A passenger would have also had better control and aim at shooting .When I here some crazy chase coming my direction I get off the road totally asap .into a parking lot and out of they way .The last time it happened the cops kept following me I was thinking WTF ? . The BG was right behind me and followed me into a parking lot . I finally made some distance and pulled over and they delt with him.

Shooting through the windshield was probably more effective than shooting out the window left hand while driving and using the Mic. THESE guys should be paired up . High speed chase while in the Mic looked to awkward. They need 1 guy to communicate and 1 to focus on driving. A passenger would have also had better control and aim at shooting .When I here some crazy chase coming my direction I get off the road totally asap .into a parking lot and out of they way .The last time it happened the cops kept following me I was thinking WTF ? . The BG was right behind me and followed me into a parking lot . I finally made some distance and pulled over and they delt with him.

Good story!

Yeah, I don't know what PD policy is... here we don't have enough officers to pair up... when they need another one, the officer or even deputy drives up. I think deputies are mostly on their own tho. IDK.

I'll bet this video will be used for training purposes in the near future. Fine example of how adrenaline can wreck coherent thought.

I can't imagine shooting through his window while driving is condoned by his department. Very surprised they didn't back off the chase when the suspects are taking random shots of the pursuing cops.
I picked up the story from a LEO forum.
Some of the LEO's replied that they train for shooting through their windshields like that.

Actually more and more LE agencies are training guys to shoot thru the windshield if necessary. Lots of videos like this. There's one out of Riverside, CA where the officer is one handing his AR, using the dash to support the front end in a running gunbattle with armed suspects that had shot a cop. Its more effective than trying to shoot holding the gun out the window. At the close ranges they deal with, bullet deflection may be minimal as well. As you see at one point, he's driving with his knees and two handed, aimed fire. His reload may have been due to adrenaline, or injury. It seems weird, but it worked, and he got more rounds on target on re-engaging. I would not want to be on the streets with something like this going down, it'd be like being a bystander in a GTA game :eek: but shooting thru the windshield is a valid tactic.

I think all things considered he did a great job. Getting shot at, driving high speeds, managing the radio and returning fire when on a side street. That is a lot of adrenaline. o_O

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews