JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
He bought an LCP and made a nice holster with an attached mag pouch. He told me he was only going to carry it in places he deemed dangerous, like Portland. He also said he wasn't going to have a round in the chamber as I do. I told him that he was wrong on both counts and offered to show him a video of a man being murdered while trying to rack his slide. Oh well, I tried!

I support anyone who wants to start carrying for protection. I gave away my Kahr PM40 to a friend who showed interest in doing so. My only two stipulations were 1, transfer legally, and 2, learn the laws while regularly practicing.

He bought an LCP and made a nice holster with an attached mag pouch. He told me he was only going to carry it in places he deemed dangerous, like Portland. He also said he wasn't going to have a round in the chamber as I do. I told him that he was wrong on both counts and offered to show him a video of a man being murdered while trying to rack his slide. Oh well, I tried!
Id look at it from the perspective that hes carrying. Its a start for him just to carry a gun, as he gets comfortable he may make his way into carrying one in the pipe.
As a side note. In time I would ask him how may times did the striker fall on an empty chamber. Use this to show him carrying one in the pip is safe if some du diligence is used.

Unless you're poor or work in a dangerous area, the chances of you ever needing a gun due to a stranger attacking you remain astronomically low. He's got a gun, it looks loaded even when it is not, and racking the slide is not that hard. He strikes me as good to go.

On the plus side, he's avoiding some of the riskiness parts of gun ownership - loading and unloading chambers at home. Lots of NDs come from this activity. And, he can handle his gun out of the holster with less risk - like dropping the pistol in a coat pocket. All of which become useful when you consistently make Cond. 3 the only mode you carry in for that weapon.

So I support him.

I have a couple of friends that are in the Concealed Carry Menace to Society category.
Very little training, cheeep holsters or sloshing around in a pocket.

Reminds me of this one. My wife is afraid of this happening with my carry gun, but I only rock quality leather.

he's avoiding some of the riskiness parts of gun ownership - loading and unloading chambers at home. Lots of NDs come from this activity.
Loading and unloading is no riskier at home than anywhere else - providing proper handling and safety is applied. The four basic rules of gun safety apply everywhere.
And, he can handle his gun out of the holster with less risk - like dropping the pistol in a coat pocket.
Dropping a gun into a coat pocket (or carrying in a pocket) is not safe anytime - loaded or unloaded. Lots of guns get dropped this way.
I have a couple of friends that are in the Concealed Carry Menace to Society category.
Very little training, cheeep holsters or sloshing around in a pocket.
I have one of these myself and I avoid public 'involvement' with him as much as possible. I am afraid he is going to get himself into trouble some day. He has a bit of an 'attitude' as well.....

He has a couple of handguns but never shoots them.
I was in that same boat for a while!

My friends would make fun of me, and I would be like, yeah yeah I will get to it. But I never did. My laziness was too powerful lol

One day, I got bit by the gun bug and have been having that itch to go shoot every week. It has been a really good stress reliever while being a fun challenge at the same time.

Hummmmm..........like carrying a revolver with the first chamber (the one to GO) EMPTY. Ask your friend if that makes sense to him?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....mind you that it's ultimately his choice.

Know_Your_Limitations.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top