JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think there is some misunderstanding here. Our fees are raising only $5. Currently our fee for inbound transfers is $20 (includes the background check) and as of January 1st it will be $25 (still includes the background check) due to increase in staffing, rent, etc. Each additional gun on the same transfer is currently $10 and as of January 1st it will be $15.

** PLEASE call us if this isn't clear. We do welcome your business and hope most will understand that this is only a $5 increase! **

Thanks for the addtional information. I was the one who originally posted the comment after seeing the sign. My apologies. I misunderstood the price change and did not realize the new price included the background fee. As a result of my misunderstanding I put bad info out there. I apologize for that. You guys still have the best FFL price in town even with the $5 increase. I will definately still be a FFL customer. Again, sorry for misunderstanding the price change and sharing my misunderstanding with others.

That's unfortunate. I always enjoyed talking to Dave and remember him telling me once the reason he charged so little is because it's no additional overhead for him to do the transfers. $20 was making him money and brought more business into his store, possibly purchasing additional stuff.

I understand $5 isn't that much, but understand that makes Cut Above Pawn more expensive than other FFL's now instead of being one of the lowest around. Why pay more when I can just go somewhere else and pay $20?

That's unfortunate. I always enjoyed talking to Dave and remember him telling me once the reason he charged so little is because it's no additional overhead for him to do the transfers. $20 was making him money and brought more business into his store, possibly purchasing additional stuff.

I understand $5 isn't that much, but understand that makes Cut Above Pawn more expensive than other FFL's now instead of being one of the lowest around. Why pay more when I can just go somewhere else and pay $20?

Im not jabbing you wyatt or trying to be a keyboard comando but using this as a example

This right here is why most small business today are going out of business! They are just raising there prices a tiny little bit and people complain. Lets just say its been $20 for 3 years. Within those 3 years im sure he gave a raise to one of more of his employees. I work for a huge company and in the last 3 years are profit margin has gotten smaller and smaller and payroll higher and higher. This is LIFE. I know most people dont care but If he has been the cheapest for 3 years and has done you right SUPPORT HIM. Hes a few dollars more than the cheapest in town. SUPPORT HIM.
I now pay $30 per transfer which is more than the $25 your upset about. I pay the $30 because 1 there about a 5 min drive from me and 2 I try and go there 1 to 2 times per month. So I dont care about the $5-$10 more because I want to support them and see them stay in business for the next in coming years.

Rant over again not attacking you. A cut above is a very good place to go to. There are only 1-2 gun shops in portland I would like to go to. All others are just dicks. SUPPORT the last good guys left PLEASE!

jmurray - don't think anyone will see that as attacking; you raise a fair point and a bit nicer than it could have been said.

And really, people should ask themselves how far they'll have to drive in traffic to save that $5. It'll probably end up a wash anyway.

Plus if $5 is a deal-breaker, you should *probably* look at your spending habits or get a better job.

Give small business credit if they can keep the doors open and not lay anyone off, because the cost of doing business and providing health insurance benefits to employees is about to JUMP UP 20% because of the "Affordable Healthcare Act" that was SUPPOSED to lower healthcare premiums... Thanks "stretch" Pelosi, thanks "Hairy" Reid, thanks President "Obummer"... Thanks idiotic electorate who wants "everything for nothing"... $5 isn't even a good cuppa coffee these days. ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top