JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i thought it was 20 otd.. then called they said 20 is their fee, and 10$ gov fee per firearms...
if you are local, go to Burt Christopherson of Christopherson Gunsmithing Services, in his home just east of downtown portland... 25$ otd 1st firearm 10$ everyone after... he is a good guy and always good with the firearms...
tell em Chase sent you maybe he will give me a deal on my vepr chop job im doing soon

Or go to Willamette Valley Arms or Little Bear Gun shop in Hillsboro where the transfer fees are $10 background + $10 transfer.

Thier website says : Buying a gun online? Need to have it shipped to a licensed dealer? We can help. We charge $25.00 for dealer-to-dealer transfers. If you are having a gun sent to us, the $10.00 background check fee is included in that price. If you are receiving multiple guns from the same dealer, we charge $25.00 for the first gun, and $10.00 for each additional gun.

<broken link removed>

I might start going there. I liked A Cut Above because they had regular hours, were cheap and consistent. I have not tried Willamette Valley Arms. I may start. I think I hear they have good service there.

I just did one transfer with them. They were exteremly nice and enjoyed going their. I changed over to threat dynamics this last time. Alot closer and I want to support them as I try and go there alot. They charge 30

Or go to Willamette Valley Arms or Little Bear Gun shop in Hillsboro where the transfer fees are $10 background + $10 transfer.

According to their website, Willamette Valley Arms charges $25
Transfers
Buying a gun online? Need to have it shipped to a licensed dealer? We can help. We charge $25.00 for dealer-to-dealer transfers. If you are having a gun sent to us, the $10.00 background check fee is included in that price. If you are receiving multiple guns from the same dealer, we charge $25.00 for the first gun, and $10.00 for each additional gun.​
Which still isn't a bad deal.

Ryan Judy charges $10 + $10 Ryan Judy Sports | Firearms & Accessories

I thought it was $25 for the transfer fee and the $10 background check. I will have to call them to confirm. If the $25 includes the background, then it is not a big change and still probably the cheapest place around.

i thought it was 20 otd.. then called they said 20 is their fee, and 10$ gov fee per firearms...
if you are local, go to Burt Christopherson of Christopherson Gunsmithing Services, in his home just east of downtown portland... 25$ otd 1st firearm 10$ everyone after... he is a good guy and always good with the firearms...
tell em Chase sent you maybe he will give me a deal on my vepr chop job im doing soon

Burt is a good guy and a great gunsmith. I'll gladly give him my business for future transactions.

I used to use Cut Above Pawn for my FFL transactions, but haven't been there since they moved to their new location.

A cut above Pawn is under new ownership, I just did a transfer there a month ago 3 guns for $20 plus $10 state fee. I am sorry to hear that they are raising their rates. They were great to do business with.

A cut above Pawn is under new ownership, I just did a transfer there a month ago 3 guns for $20 plus $10 state fee. I am sorry to hear that they are raising their rates. They were great to do business with.

I did not know this. Is Dave not the owner? Ive seen him at the new location a few times, the most recent being the last time I was in about a week ago. Maybe he's still training the new people? I noticed they hired a couple new people and I asked if they let anyone go and they said no. They didnt mention anything about new ownership.

Anyone know of another FFL in the Beaverton/Tigard area? Ive done probably 15 or so transfers there over the last couple years, but my loyalty ends when new ownership increases fees. Strangely, I was fine with the increase up until now.

I did not know this. Is Dave not the owner? Ive seen him at the new location a few times, the most recent being the last time I was in about a week ago. Maybe he's still training the new people? I noticed they hired a couple new people and I asked if they let anyone go and they said no. They didnt mention anything about new ownership.

Anyone know of another FFL in the Beaverton/Tigard area? Ive done probably 15 or so transfers there over the last couple years, but my loyalty ends when new ownership increases fees. Strangely, I was fine with the increase up until now.

Yeah Dave is still around once in a while to consult only. He is a personal friend of mine and one of the best people I know. His wife still works there, but Dave is officially out of the Pawn shop business. My primary reason for going there was Dave and I would have gladly continued to patronize them because they have given me great service and cheap transfers. I got some amazing deals on jewelry for my wife there too. Under the new owner I even got a great deal on a really nice Glock cheaper than I could have got here on NWFA. So this surprises me. I think losing transfer business with higher fees will drive traffic away from the store. I would always look around and sometimes buy something when doing a transfer. I think I might email Dave and put a bug in his ear that the new owner might lose a lot of business.

I haven't paid less than $25 for a transfer in the past ten years. Must be a Seattle and north thing.

Probably. The last transfer I did was around $35 or so which I thought was a good deal. Because I normally go through mom 'n' pop FFLs for stuff like that, I don't mind chipping in a couple extra bucks for small business. Places like Discount Guns charge around $50 or so, but then again they think MSRP is where you start and go up from there.

I found a couple smaller shops that are looking for a 460V for me right now. If one of the indy FFLs finds it I'll probably lean that route (within reason.) We'll see what pops up over the next two weeks, though.

Yeah Dave is still around once in a while to consult only. He is a personal friend of mine and one of the best people I know. His wife still works there, but Dave is officially out of the Pawn shop business. My primary reason for going there was Dave and I would have gladly continued to patronize them because they have given me great service and cheap transfers. I got some amazing deals on jewelry for my wife there too. Under the new owner I even got a great deal on a really nice Glock cheaper than I could have got here on NWFA. So this surprises me. I think losing transfer business with higher fees will drive traffic away from the store. I would always look around and sometimes buy something when doing a transfer. I think I might email Dave and put a bug in his ear that the new owner might lose a lot of business.

Ive always gotten great service from Dave, his wife, and the younger tall and skinny guy (their son?), but poor service from anyone else. Well, the older guy with glasses (maybe a brother?) was always a nice guy, just not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I think there is some misunderstanding here. Our fees are raising only $5. Currently our fee for inbound transfers is $20 (includes the background check) and as of January 1st it will be $25 (still includes the background check) due to increase in staffing, rent, etc. Each additional gun on the same transfer is currently $10 and as of January 1st it will be $15.

** PLEASE call us if this isn't clear. We do welcome your business and hope most will understand that this is only a $5 increase! **

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top