JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe OSP has a database of stolen guns. From what I'm told, they check serial numbers when they do background checks. That's supposedly why we go through OSP in Oregon instead of straight to NICS.
That does nothing if someone walks into a shop with one of the stolen guns to ask about it, a value and such. It a list were made it would be very easy to look at a gun and determine if it was on the list right then!

The county commissioners went Democrat last cycle. It's been interesting to watch since as the county was pretty conservative before. Chiseling away like always.
Democrats can flip a voting district by allowing building permits for apartments as it brings in renters.

When you have more renters than homeowners, you get a Democrat voting majority. So pay attention to how officials want to change zoning codes on construction. Make sure that zoning codes require that apartment buildings must be upgradable to condominiums.

A Cut Above is the best place on the westside for transfers. Geniunely nice people who know their stuff. Hopefully the perps will be caught and NOT released.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

How about a list of the stolen pistols so everyone can keep an eye out???
Those guns aren't likely to wind up being transferred through a dealer any time soon. The people buying them will be doing do in cash, no questions asked type transactions. They'll be paying more for them than the retail price, in all likelihood too.

IF they wind up at a dealer, the gun will get flagged when its entered into OSP's system. Whether the police are dispatched to investigate is up in the air. A few years ago the dems in Salem made a big stink about sending a trooper out to every case of a prohibited person attempting to buy a gun - how much has that *really* happened? My bet would be zero, or damn close to zero.

Maybe they'll wind up as recovered property - I had an AR lower stolen and got it back a few months later - it was "found" in the trunk of a car brought to the LKQ off Foster Rd in Portland. Thats the official story anyway. LKQ people called Portland PD, who actually came out and took possession, then transferred it back to Washington County, who got it back to me. WCSO still ran a NICS check on me to transfer it back, despite me being a Washington County CHL holder at the time.

Back before the restrictions, I used to go into the shop almost every week because it was a much better place to take a break than sitting around the Aloha Campus. Even during the shutdown I came in pretty regularly, as this is one of my favorite places for ffl transfers.

This sucks! There is very little that is worse than thieves. Since there is an uptick in crime on the Westside, if you don't carry regularly, you should. If you do carry everyday, add that BU and additional mags.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top