JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been loading 9mm for years and been shooting to the left I'm a right handed shooter a friend showed me proper trigger pull to much finger or to little on trigger make me pull to the left once I figured out what I was doing wrong started hit point of aim I also shoot at Johnson creek if you like to get together I would be happy to show what I learned may be help you out

My unscientific mind says the recoil is different and you are doing what the shooters clock is showing above.

Is he shooting single handed? Pretty sure that chart applies a lot less if you're using your weak hand to assist.

Likely recoil & bad habits (push, jerk) are more evident at the slower velocities.

My unscientific mind says the recoil is different and you are doing what the shooters clock is showing above.
Nothing like heeling in anticipation of recoil... Good callout, could very likely be... Easy enough to test, have someone else load the magazine with a couple of randomly placed snap caps or dummy rounds... It'll show up pretty quick if it's heeling.... You'll see that muzzle dive... Hate when that happens...

In my very best Yosimite Sam impersonation:
Heel, heel, when I sez heel, I meanz heel...

Is he shooting single handed? Pretty sure that chart applies a lot less if you're using your weak hand to assist.

Likely recoil & bad habits (push, jerk) are more evident at the slower velocities.
Yeah, if it were me I would load higher and lower and see if all powder charges shot the same. Betting they don't...

I'd also find a rest at the range to put the gun on while shooting to eliminate human error of strong hand/weak hand and pull...

Yeah, if it were me I would load higher and lower and see if all powder charges shot the same. Betting they don't...

I know that, in rifles, changes in charge weight result in different POI. Both in elevation, and windage. And, I know that changes in powders can have similar effect. I've never really tested this with pistols. I only shoot short distances. I suspect that there is a similar effect. I would try different charge weights, and also different powders, to see if I could get POI where I wanted.

I know that, in rifles, changes in charge weight result in different POI. Both in elevation, and windage. And, I know that changes in powders can have similar effect. I've never really tested this with pistols. I only shoot short distances. I suspect that there is a similar effect. I would try different charge weights, and also different powders, to see if I could get POI where I wanted.
Need to find the sweet spot, working up the specific load this particular pistol likes... They're all a little different. It times time and reloading resources to get there... But well worth the time and effort...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top