JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
650 is not on the website anymore. When I get that Pelosi check I'm pretty sure I'm buying the 750. Lots of time on my hands on weekends and after work.

I started with dads lee pro 1000 which was a great little press but when I bought my own press I just had to have the extra station so I bought a load master which was not bad but the indexing was always problematic so after a year and about 10,000 .45acp rounds I had saved enough over shooting factory ammo that I had paid for the Dillon 650 which I probably have 150,000 rounds on.

I have run the timer enough at matches that if someone has a squib round I would be willing to bet that the first thing they say is that they don't understand how it happened because they use a 550 so they have complete control over every part of the process.

The auto indexing Dillon presses are pretty fool proof just run 1 case at a time through it without powder or primers in it to get all the dies set up and load 10 or so dummy rounds up to chamber check before loading any live rounds.

650 is not on the website anymore. When I get that Pelosi check I'm pretty sure I'm buying the 750. Lots of time on my hands on weekends and after work.
I went to the Dillon site and you are right - too bad. You can still find them online and Dillon will always have parts for it. Good luck with the 750 if that is what you end up buying.

If you are going to shoot alot & compete then you require lots of ammo. But you don't need lots of powder if you make the right choice.
I like fast burning powder for 9mm & 9mm likes fast burning powder. Fast powder offers low throw weights, more rounds per pound of powder & excellent accuracy.

Reloading is a learning curve. Once you master your press & the reloading process, double-charging cases fades into the past.

Proven 9mm powders include in no particular order: Bullseye, RedDot, WW231, TiteGroup, 700X. (I recently bought 8 pounds of IMR *Target* & its suitable too)

Reloading is a learning curve. Once you master your press & the reloading process, double-charging cases fades into the past.

This is something that will always be at the forefront for me. Just sayin'

I load single stage only. I don't know if that's the more likely method of getting a double charge? I had ONE double charge of, probably 231, in .38 sp early on and had the corresponding squib in the same box. I'm not sure how it happened. That worries me. Everything was okay in the M66, other than a strange shape to the brass and the flat primer. That piece of brass sits in front of me on the bench so I'll never forget.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top