JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Reloader 10x is all I have that can be used in 223/5.56. It definitely wont be matching factory loads for velocity. Compared to factory loads it is down 100-200fps With 55gr vmax. It does cycle in both my mini 14 and ar
I also noticed my mini 14 has higher velocity than my ar556. Both are supposed to have the same length barrels. The mini 14 does have a 9-1 twist vs 8-1

Last Edited:
Reloader 10x is all I have that can be used in 223/5.56. It definitely wont be matching factory loads for velocity. Compared to factory loads it is down 100-200fps With 55gr vmax. It does cycle in both my mini 14 and ar
I also noticed my mini 14 has higher velocity than my ar556. Both are supposed to have the same length barrels. The mini 14 does have a 9-1 twist vs 8-1
Slower twist = less resistance leaving the barrel.

I have used Reloder 10x in .223 loads and have observed similar results. It is notably faster burning than other popular powders for the cartridge i.e. H-335, TAC, W-748, so the heavier the bullet you load with it, the lower the velocity will be compared to the slower burners. With 40 gr bullets it does better, but then 40 grainers may not be happy with your twist rates. My 1 in 12" bolt guns really like them.

Oh, the mini 14 actually has a 18 inch barrel. That would explain it. The ranch model has a 18 inch barrel and the tactical model has a 16 inch barrel

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top