JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me it's more about being able to do it myself. And not just glocks.

001AF30A-8A34-4263-986B-0BCBFB5D628A.jpeg

Sig's and 1911's not to mention AR's and AK's.

What currently available jigs are you guys using to complete mil spec 80% receivers?
My friend..... he uses an Easy Jig 2 multi platform.

Ohhh... "currently available" as in available for purchase at this moment. Nevermind....

That's a good question.

Last Edited:
For me it's more about being able to do it myself. And not just glocks.

View attachment 1280116

Sig's and 1911's not to mention AR's and AK's.
Those are sweet! I've been wanting to do these for many years. These are the two I want to tackle when things get back to normal. I've always said I won't own a 1911 unless I make one myself (even though I know that's a lie) but the Sig!!! 😍 for sure. If your going to do one though why not do both?

What currently available jigs are you guys using to complete mil spec 80% receivers?
Idk about currently available but my buddy used the 5D multi plat. One, the modulus looks like a copy, the 5D is ok but the bushing are pretty chinsy, they are steel drill bushings but they don't seem very tight and accurate to me. The quality of the bushings means a lot to me.

Aloha, Mark
I figured someone else would post this, this is MASSIVE pretty much all these laws getting peeled back just like I thought. Its magical! Can't wait to buy MAGAzines again.

On another note hopefully the mods don't lock this thread for posting this video, it was kinda blew my mind they closed the other thread for posting a 2a video. Maybe they removed a post idk??? But looks extremely anti 2A and bizarre to me. But again looks can be deceiving.

funny I bought a 80 and had to buy the jig lower . no FFL needed. I think the feds wrote another $hitty law, and people already figured out the side step to keep selling them...
got all my parts and finished it last week

Just wait until ATF makes a law requiring all parts must be serial numbered; upper, lower, stock, BCG, bbl, magazine…..

And all serial numbered parts purchased run through a FFL
This was basically what they proposed and was already shot down as too over reaching. They proposed every part involved on the cycling of the action.

The barrel, both uppers & lowers, the trigger, the firing pin, the bolt, etc.

Again I don't even think it was struck down I think the AFT pulled back realizing the outrage it would bring. They underestimated as usual.

funny I bought a 80 and had to buy the jig lower . no FFL needed. I think the feds wrote another $hitty law, and people already figured out the side step to keep selling them...
No its that the Feds admitted in court in front of a judge that they are outright just trying to harass us and the manufacturers of NON fire arms and they put egg on their own faces. People immediately resumed selling them once the feds admitted it wasn't illegal they just didn't like the fact the jigs were sold along with the non firearms and readily finished and refused to tell the mfgr's that and instead waste a courts time.

The frame companies haven't seemed to have had any issues responding quickly by seperating the frame and previously included jig as seperate items via seperate outlets. Receivers... you can still buy them, of course, but the jig companies seem to be slow making them available again. Most everywhere you look says "out of stock" on everything. Maybe they really are just out of stock, but thata would be very suprising.

Makes you wonder what the hold up is.

It seems the receiver jig makers are still acting like they are now banned or something. Some of them offer all the replacement parts you could possibly need for existing jigs... except... the main top jig plate.

I guess it's possible they halted production in anticipation of being put out of business and it's taking awhile to get production going again(?) Being overly cautious and waiting for successful legal challenges to play out before they resume sales(?)

If they don't, I guess when... my friend... is completely done with his it'll be worth a small fortune if the market has crashed. 🤣

Idk about currently available but my buddy used the 5D multi plat. One, the modulus looks like a copy, the 5D is ok but the bushing are pretty chinsy, they are steel drill bushings but they don't seem very tight and accurate to me. The quality of the bushings means a lot to me.
Made a lot of well-working lowers on my 5D jig. I wasn't crazy about the 'shrink hold' way the end mill is retained in the router but it has been working just fine & I even changed out the end mill once

If they don't, I guess when... my friend... is completely done with his it'll be worth a small fortune if the market has crashed. 🤣
Indeed! Even those little crappy plastic clam shells could be worth a decent investment.
Pro tip: You can can use those jigs and wrap a few laps of Teflon plumbers tape around the drill bit in the correct direction of course.. And the bits will self center better, be more accurate, and won't even touch the jig plastic at all if done correctly. Leaving it brand spanking new basically. If you apply too much tape it will cause too much friction and melt some of the plastic.
Or so I've been told.. 😶‍🌫️

Indeed! Even those little crappy plastic clam shells could be worth a decent investment.
Seeing what they sell for, you can bet my friend is kicking himself thinkin 'bout how many of those over the years ended up in the trash after a single use. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top