JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The rule was issued by the ATF in April, but two Trump-appointed judges just upheld the rule for the ATF in two separate cases to stop the law from going into effect.

It's in effect now.

If you go to Polymer80's website and try to find a 80% receiver, they've all been removed from stock: https://www.polymer80.com/pistols/80percentpistolkits

New 80% receivers now require a serial number and an FFL/NICS to purchase, just like a standard receiver.

Funny. I didn't know agencies could just make up their own laws. Pretty sure SCOTUS agrees with that too. I wonder how long it will take before this whole mess gets sorted out. Until then, there are companies selling 0% kits. I'm sure someone is working on a 79% kit right now.

Just wait until ATF makes a law requiring all parts must be serial numbered; upper, lower, stock, BCG, bbl, magazine…..

And all serial numbered parts purchased run through a FFL

I wouldn't be so sure, especially since two Trump-appointed judges in conservative states ruled with the ATF on this one.

There are some 80% dealers with receivers still in stock, but they now have to be shipped to an FFL.
A recent SCOTUS case, West Virginia vs EPA, said that the EPA didn't have the authority to make broad rules. See this article as a reference: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...otus_gutting_the_federal_agencies_147842.html Here's an excerpt from the article:
Ruling for the state of West Virginia, the conservative justices struck down EPA standards designed to fight climate change by reshaping electricity grids. Such standards qualify as "major questions," wrote Chief Justice John Roberts in his majority opinion, requiring explicit authorization by Congress.
One can hope that this stand against agencies making arbitrary rules carries forward to other regulatory bodies to prevent them changing the "laws" as they go along. Such things as an 80% ban handed down by the ATF perhaps.

Regardless, challenges can take a while to make it through the legal system, if they ever make it to SCOTUS. At least there is a precedent now to work with.

I was watching for some really great deals thinking the companies would blow them out. I didn't see any.
I did the same thing. I found a place selling Tuesday afternoon for $30/ea for AR flavors. Lowest I found pistol frames for at all was about $90 but those were only in weird colors and only G19/22 frame which are apparently less desirable? So while I didn't see blowouts, I did see the discounts coming more aggressively the closer to "d-day" we got. I think it largely depended on how many they had left in stock and whether or not they were just a retailer or a manufacturer as the retailers might have to eat the unsold inventory but a manufacturer could just finish the milling on what's left, serialize it and sell as a 100% so no real incentive for them to lower prices.

The rule of law doesn't exist anymore. They just ignore due process when it is convenient. R or D doesn't matter. Many unconstitutional decisions have been made by both parties, while we keep sticking our heads in the sand. We aren't exactly blame-free in getting where we are today. When they went after autos in the eighties we twiddled our thumbs. When they went after "scary black rifles" and bayonet lugs in the nineties, we picked our noses. When they went after bump stocks, we stuck our fingers in our ears. Now that they are going after receivers and braces and magazines and parts and ammo and semi autos and manufacturers and triggers... we stand around scratching our butts with a significant portion of our community somehow believing that "it doesn't affect me" or that you can negotiate with the moronic or megalomaniacal and not lose freedoms.

SCOTUS has made some good decisions (and some not so good). But look at California's defiance. Look at who voted for the new AWB. Do we still get the impression that the constitution or legal rulings mean anything anymore?

How long before we have 60% lowers? 50%?
I'm sure they are already working on it. Just like the AFT is already working on ways to attack them too. 80% then 60% then 20% then 0% then you will be a felon for chewing a poptart into the shape of a gun, or drawing a picture of internal parts of a gun. It's the progressive race to the bottom.

I'm sure they are already working on it. Just like the AFT is already working on ways to attack them too. 80% then 60% then 20% then 0% then you will be a felon for chewing a poptart into the shape of a gun, or drawing a picture of internal parts of a gun. It's the progressive race to the bottom.
Wake me up when the shooting starts.

I was under the impression they outlawed kits with lower/frame, jig, and all parts to complete a gun, not individual frames, lowers, or individual components.
Yeah this is what I thought as well, Even the aft recently stated in court that. Its legal to sell either the frames or the jigs just not together in the sale purchase.

Yeah I'm def. To the point where rule of law is dead and if they play by no rules I play by no rules anything goes game on! Phuq 'em!
Just one step closer to all out chaos. It would be nice if some idiots with the gavels would see we are just marching toward lawlessness and interject some common sense so we can all relax and lower our hammers from half cocked and quite watching the news every second waiting for more infringement.

I was under the impression they outlawed kits with lower/frame, jig, and all parts to complete a gun, not individual frames, lowers, or individual components.
That is the problem. It is ambiguous and vague... intentionally. The devil is in the details.

They don't want any clarity that would prevent abuse of authority.

Last Edited:
That is the problem. It is ambiguous and vague... intentionally. The devil is in the details.

They don't want any clarity that would prevent abuse of authority.
Indeed. But then that where they made the statement in court that they themselves only had a issue with the frames and jigs (and kits) being sold together. Supposedly everyone in the court said why didn't you just say that? Your purposely obfuscating the laws to make them hard to obey.
Idk. Honeslty I'm just waiting for all these infringements to get tossed with the T.P. and the reason you probably didn't see much if any of these go on sale recently is everyone else is expecting a slam dunk ruling against the aft in our favor. Its crystal clear and not even really worth debating except to keep those who don't follow up to date.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top