JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And another blow to the frame/receiver "final rule". The injunction previously granted to Tactical Machines has been expanded to include their customers as well. Their argument being that if their customers are not also protected they will be unwilling to purchase their products out of fear of prosectution. So ordered!

The judge also made it clear that it is... while not a final ruling as of yet... "likely" that the alphabet has exceeded it's authority.

What I am seeing is, that the tools and frame cant be sold together, not even shipped together. You can still buy unserialized 80% receivers from sellers that understand the law. You would need to purchase the 80% and then in a seperate order the jig...or buy the jig elswhere. P80 I think is just staying on the safe side and not selling anything.

Edit: didnt see it was discussed already

3 that I have done in last month or so still working on the officer. But the frames are still being sold.

B4E2E9EB-89A5-4E07-9C79-4FD611E2596F.jpeg
Let freedom ring!

The rule was issued by the ATF in April, but two Trump-appointed judges just upheld the rule for the ATF in two separate cases to stop the law from going into effect.

It's in effect now.

If you go to Polymer80's website and try to find a 80% receiver, they've all been removed from stock: https://www.polymer80.com/pistols/80percentpistolkits

New 80% receivers now require a serial number and an FFL/NICS to purchase, just like a standard receiver.
You have bad info, you can still purchase 80% "frame and receiver blanks" but the jigs have to be purchased separately.

funny I bought a 80 and had to buy the jig lower . no FFL needed. I think the feds wrote another $hitty law, and people already figured out the side step to keep selling them...
got all my parts and finished it last week
Yep, 80% stuff is still available. Jigs are a bit harder to find.

Good news! The original suit from Tactical Machining that was granted an injunction.. as well as protection for their customers has been joined by 80% arms... and also granted the same injunction for themselves... as well as their customers, too.

The defendant (gooberment) tried to block the plantiff addition and... failed!!

A portion of the judges ruling:
1667694266725.png

Last Edited:
In light of the Bruen decision.
Yeah.....I am SURE, that during the time of the "Founding Fathers" people (like Hobbyists and Gunsmiths) also had to source their metal to make firearms from a particular "Approved Source" AND with "Serial Numbers" too. Oh, and don't forget the FFL requirements.

NOT!

Aloha, Mark

In light of the Bruen decision.
Yeah.....I am SURE, that during the time of the "Founding Fathers" people (like Hobbyists and Gunsmiths) also had to source their metal to make firearms from a particular "Approved Source" AND with "Serial Numbers" too. Oh, and don't forget the FFL requirements.

NOT!

Aloha, Mark
The only things I know of are the proof marks and proofing of firearms in that Era, usually found in European firearms, but I don't remember if there was an American based equivalent, beyond the Armories that made the Firearms and the gunsmith making them for Militia use?

Edit. Serials weren't required up til maybe the 1930s with NFA items and then 1938 with the 1938 NFA law that included FFL and some other things,that GCA1968 amended/repealed/kept.

The only things I know of are the proof marks and proofing of firearms in that Era, usually found in European firearms, but I don't remember if there was an American based equivalent, beyond the Armories that made the Firearms and the gunsmith making them for Militia use?

Edit. Serials weren't required up til maybe the 1930s with NFA items and then 1938 with the 1938 NFA law that included FFL and some other things,that GCA1968 amended/repealed/kept.
Rrrrright.

What Govt agency was gonna shut you down from making your own firearms?

In the more "recent history". Did experimenters and hobbyists require "Govt Permission" to try making stuff?

Then.......
Hummmm.......wasn't "Carbine Williams" also a felon?

Aloha, Mark

PS.........

Rrrrright.

What Govt agency was gonna shut you down from making your own firearms?

In the more "recent history". Did experimenters and hobbyists require "Govt Permission" to try making stuff?

Then.......
Hummmm.......wasn't "Carbine Williams" also a felon?

Aloha , Mark
None that are true blood American :rolleyes:
;)

Edit.I'm just saying that the only "standards" were the proofing and such for barrels and actions but beyond that, nothing requiring serialization up until the 1930s-1960s.

Well... I kinda beg to differ. There were tons of freedom restrictions.

Marriage was widespread and they had MIL's in the 1700's, too. 🤪

None that are true blood American :rolleyes:
;)

Edit.I'm just saying that the only "standards" were the proofing and such for barrels and actions but beyond that, nothing requiring serialization up until the 1930s-1960s.
I'd imagine that no proofing was required for homemade and home-used firearms. But maybe, if it entered commerce. So yeah....that all being said....having a "proof mark" would make me feel better if I were buying someone else's production.

Aloha, Mark

Seems legit. ATF letter:

80% blanks, even without jigs are now "firearms" requiring serial numbers and an FFL.

Good luck with that! Texas court already has an injunction on the final rule, a petition to the court for a summary dismissal of the rule entirely has been filed and may be acted on shortly. Granted, that applies only to that fed district, but it sure won't take long for every other jurisdiction to have cases in court to do the same.

Let's Go Brandon!!

Funny, they say "these items must have serial numbers so LE can trace them"... but there are millions in production with no serial number already. Anyone else see a hole in this justification?

80% 1911 frames should still be gtg since they are for a hammer fired build.

Just wait until ATF makes a law requiring all parts must be serial numbered; upper, lower, stock, BCG, bbl, magazine…..

And all serial numbered parts purchased run through a FFL
I have been trying to find solid credible info on the addition of serial numbers to previously not controlled parts. Can someone point me in that direction. I hear rumblings that 2023 could be a real downer for building a AR. Most previously thought well hell i got a stripped lower already so now i can do what i want when i want. Now I am hearing buy it all now its only going to get harder to build an AR.

I have been trying to find solid credible info on the addition of serial numbers to previously not controlled parts. Can someone point me in that direction. I hear rumblings that 2023 could be a real downer for building a AR. Most previously thought well hell i got a stripped lower already so now i can do what i want when i want. Now I am hearing buy it all now its only going to get harder to build an AR.
I wouldn't be surprised one day if AR upper receivers are required to be serialized since they can be used to make a firearm without a lower receiver.

I don't expect that to happen anytime soon but you never know.

Now is a good time to build an AR. Prices are pretty good and selection of parts available is incredible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top