JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...two Trump-appointed judges just upheld the rule for the ATF in two separate cases to stop the law from going into effect.
Just to clarify. My understanding was that they didn't exactly uphold the ATF rule. 3 cases to abolish the rule are still pending.

However, they did not approve the injunctions that were requested to stay the rule fom going into effect.

Hair splitting, but basically.. an injunction would be approved if the judge felt the pending case was pretty much a slam dunk... so might as well put a stay on the rule until the cases run their course.

My take away was that the cases still have merit and may negate the rule... it just might not be a slam dunk deal in the judges opinion so a stay wasn't granted.

It still sucks, no matter what side of the egg the hole is on, but there may still be some hope that it won't be in effect for long.

Sadly, it probaby won't matter much in the grand scheme of things since the mfg's impacted the most by it won't survive. Crapping on citizens livelihoods for political clout.. it's the American way... evidently.

I was watching for some really great deals thinking the companies would blow them out. I didn't see any.
I think many saw the writing on the wall and halted production far in advance. The dwindling inventory kept demand and prices trending up, but without surplus stocks, there was no need to dump much with cut rate pricing.

Supposedly everyone in the court said why didn't you just say that? Your purposely obfuscating the laws to make them hard to obey.
You notice too that they actually made revisions to the rule just 2 days prior to the effective date. So much for the rule that any revisions have to be made at least 30days prior to allow for review, comments, and inform the legal elements involved time to review those revisions.

It's Brandon's world we live in.

I just watched this a few days ago. :s0155:
Yeah it's not on often, if at all.. I think its the only time ive bought a DVD and it turned out to be the wrong one. It was the lame cartoon or "graphic novel" version of the movie. The movie was good I liked it. I'm not too into the graphic novel stuff origin story etc stuff. Just gimme a good story in a 60-240mins or so. (240 mins better be Dances with Wolves level epic story)

Probably not.

But being gang bangers, they likely have the funds to pay someone who DOES to do it for them.
I'm thinking the likelihood of this is slim to none. I think it's more likely they're just buying stolen guns. By the time they buy all the parts to assemble and shipping, pay somebody illicit money to finish the receiver they could just go buy it at the store And file the serial numbers off.

I'm thinking the likelihood of this is slim to none. I think it's more likely they're just buying stolen guns. By the time they buy all the parts to assemble and shipping, pay somebody illicit money to finish the receiver they could just go buy it at the store And file the serial numbers off.
The FBI has a special way to x-ray firearms that have unreadable serial numbers.
You can file off the serial numbers till they don't show, but the deep scan imagery they use shows the stress marks made by the stamping process.

A recent SCOTUS case, West Virginia vs EPA, said that the EPA didn't have the authority to make broad rules.
YES. This is the Next Big Thing. The fact that the founders never imagined Congress delegating its authority to unelected bureaucrats. Gonna be Big, and gonna be earth-shaking.

I think it's more likely they're just buying stolen guns. By the time they buy all the parts to assemble and shipping, pay somebody illicit money to finish the receiver they could just go buy it at the store And file the serial numbers off.

The FBI has a special way to x-ray firearms that have unreadable serial numbers.
You can file off the serial numbers till they don't show, but the deep scan imagery they use shows the stress marks made by the stamping process.
Buying only stolen guns the supply is limited, types greatly vary, there is a trail of middle men involved (aka witnesses), and no guarantee the firearm doesn't already have a crime hanging on it.

The other route, the supply is larger and on demand, they have more control over outsider involvement, you can select type and quantity, and are absolutely assured of a "clean" gun with no possibility of any back trace. Assuming they are being clever enough to cover component purchase trails.

All that said though, "ghost guns" really only make up a very small percentage of firearms retrieved from crime scenes so they are certainly still buying their fair share of stolen guns.

Probably the lower level criminals are more into street guns, but for the larger and more organized operations, it's certainly very likely some are running their own assembly shops.

Just speculating.....

Those aren't drilled out numbers...they are competition vents to prevent overheating of the trigger group

Shot peening for metal stress relief. :s0062:

Works great in the aviation industry. :rolleyes:

Kind of drought very many bad guys have that skill level.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top