JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
See that's what I was trying to get at. There are people that use unmilled 80% lowers to build prop guns as they can't have a trigger on them to pass security prop check and because they are normally cheaper than building one.
This is where it creates the gray area, are the prop builds illegal to have as well now? Having an unfinished receiver is included in the bill and undetectable receivers i.e. plastic lowers. So are owners of those props now criminals?
Also if you only have just an unmilled lower and say you're going to use it to build a prop, can they still charge you with having it since building and having props isn't illegal.
I'm not really well versed in that area, but my understanding is that to do a prop gun requires you show special exempt status.. IE., A licensed production company or similar...

The average Joe/Jane would not be exempted.. or rather... be able to claim the "prop gun" exemption. I'm sure there are some guidelines/requirements involved that they must comply with, but I don't know that for a fact.. or what they might be.

I'm not really well versed in that area, but my understanding is that to do a prop gun requires you show special exempt status.. IE., A licensed production company or similar...

The average Joe/Jane would not be exempted.. or rather... be able to claim the "prop gun" exemption. I'm sure there are some guidelines/requirements involved that they must comply with, but I don't know that for a fact.. or what they might be.
There is no license or permit required to build, own, buy, sell, or possess a prop gun. Anyone can build, own, buy, sell or possess a prop gun that is for a costume, the only requirement is it has to be non functional.
As for working prop guns used on film sets, that's something else entirely.

Young River: People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.

Dang. 2005 and it's eerily prescient

They don't have to stop the signal, this will definitely impact sales.
People will find ways around it. They always do. That's what the signal means. The knowledge, the plans, the tooling, the instructions, and jigs... all out there.

In fact, I would wager that there's already .doc or .txt files of G and M codes for CNC programs to run complete AR15 0% billet lowers or even raw forgings of 95% needed to machine

People will find ways around it. They always do. That's what the signal means. The knowledge, the plans, the tooling, the instructions, and jigs... all out there.

In fact, I would wager that there's already .doc or .txt files of G and M codes for CNC programs to run complete AR15 0% billet lowers or even raw forgings of 95% needed to machine
That was my understanding but there will not be the same appetite for that amount of work. It was easy to hit the order button and wait for delivery.

RTB offers 80% receivers with custom engraving. It appears that these ship to your door.

RTB offers 80% receivers with custom engraving. It appears that these ship to your door.

Neat! Thanks for that, will pass along to a few acquaintances.

This is probably a good place to ask, whats the current legality on 80% receivers in oregon? Ive got one im sitting on and am trying to figure out if i can sell it, or if i need to cut it in half for a funky paperweight because i dont see myself getting any use out of it.

This is probably a good place to ask, whats the current legality on 80% receivers in oregon? Ive got one im sitting on and am trying to figure out if i can sell it, or if i need to cut it in half for a funky paperweight because i dont see myself getting any use out of it.
At it stands you are fine to keep and use it. It just has to be serialized sometime before Sept. 1, 2024. If you choose to sell it, it would also need to be serialized.

At it stands you are fine to keep and use it. It just has to be serialized sometime before Sept. 1, 2024. If you choose to sell it, it would also need to be serialized.
Only by FFLs who meets 27 CFR § 478.92

edit, if I'm remembering the Enrolled HB2005 correctly

Edit 2. And the FFL must also keep records of the firearm apparently in Section 5 "in accordance to 18 US 923 (g)" and other related regulations

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top