JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Prop guns can't have moving parts so using replicas doesn't normally work. You can get 80% for a little as $20 and some builders like to go hyper-realistic and spend upto $800 on a single prop.
Did not know there was some law about a prop gun having no moving parts? Had no idea the 80% market had crashed either. When these were still a common item here the only reason I was never interested was the cost to buy a G17 as 80% was FAR higher than just buying a G17. Amazing the frames are now that cheap. Have to guess people are trying to get rid of them now? In any case if there is some law they can't have moving parts then no one is getting arrested with one.
For those willing to spend 8 bills on one they have no need to fear this law at all. I was told they were trying to save money not spend twice what a real gun costs.

Did not know there was some law about a prop gun having no moving parts? Had no idea the 80% market had crashed either. When these were still a common item here the only reason I was never interested was the cost to buy a G17 as 80% was FAR higher than just buying a G17. Amazing the frames are now that cheap. Have to guess people are trying to get rid of them now? In any case if there is some law they can't have moving parts then no one is getting arrested with one.
For those willing to spend 8 bills on one they have no need to fear this law at all. I was told they were trying to save money not spend twice what a real gun costs.
Yeah I've met people who have spent around $2k on their costumes. The rifle 80%s are a lot cheaper than handgun 80%s. As for moving parts, that's a requirement of the shows not a law, can't have metal blades either, sharp or not. It took only a few stupid people for those rules to be created and ruined it for others.

im not serialzing sh!t
Yup, same.

I brought on this thread bump for a new member who wished to sell in Oregon.

So looks like incomplete 80% lowers can still be currently sold in Oregon without serial #. No FFL.

Kits need sold separately from lowers (National, looks like).

--Thanks all for the followup discussions & such. Appreciate it!

IAW HB2005 (enrolled), you can still buy, sell, and possess unserialized 80% frames and receivers until September 1, 2024. After 1 September 2024, they must have serial numbers to even possess.

IAW federal law, you cannot purchase an unserialized 80% frame or receiver as a kit with a jig.

Here's the problem that I am seeing.

"Emergency Clause: A statement added to the end of a measure that causes the Act to become effective before the accustomed date (on January 1 of the year after passage of the Act). An emergency clause either sets a specific date or is effective immediately, which means that the measure will take effect on the date it is signed into law."

Taken from https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/citizen_engagement/Pages/Legislative-Glossary.aspx

Since Section 12 says an emergency is declared and thus the bill becomes effective upon passage/signing; it would seem that depending on the reading comprehension of LEOs, that one may still be charged for violating HB2005 even with the Sept 1st 2024 deadline set in Section 10.

Here's the problem that I am seeing.

"Emergency Clause: A statement added to the end of a measure that causes the Act to become effective before the accustomed date (on January 1 of the year after passage of the Act). An emergency clause either sets a specific date or is effective immediately, which means that the measure will take effect on the date it is signed into law."

Taken from https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/citizen_engagement/Pages/Legislative-Glossary.aspx

Since Section 12 says an emergency is declared and thus the bill becomes effective upon passage/signing; it would seem that depending on the reading comprehension of LEOs, that one may still be charged for violating HB2005 even with the Sept 1st 2024 deadline set in Section 10.
Looks as manufacturers aren't concerned, because they seem to be back to shipping to individuals...

Yeah I've met people who have spent around $2k on their costumes. The rifle 80%s are a lot cheaper than handgun 80%s. As for moving parts, that's a requirement of the shows not a law, can't have metal blades either, sharp or not. It took only a few stupid people for those rules to be created and ruined it for others.
OK now that makes sense. I could see someone with a real bayonet on one and someone getting hurt. 2K on a costume is wow to me but, hell its their money. No doubt many look at stuff I spend 2K on and think me crazy. :s0140:

1694741813076.png

Aloha, Mark

You can buy stripped frames for $30 + FFL fees. But some people love to tinker. Heck, even a 3D printed frame is not that much cheaper to print.

OK now that makes sense. I could see someone with a real bayonet on one and someone getting hurt. 2K on a costume is wow to me but, hell its their money. No doubt many look at stuff I spend 2K on and think me crazy. :s0140:
I'll give them some credit though, some of their costumes are really good and super detailed. Someone had brought a bb gun to one of the events and was shooting people with it, which is how the moving parts ban on props came to be. Can't say I blame them. Funny thing is, you can buy blades, replica swords and air guns at the events but you can't carry them in the events.

My guess, just about anybody interested in this subject already has AT LEAST one AR. Yeah, I know, it's the principle of the thing. My mom use that one a lot.

Re. the emergency clause thing. I think Hitler pulled that one in 1934 or thereabouts. Use of this feature tends to lead to mischief. The mayor of Albuquerque may find out it doesn't always work.

My guess, just about anybody interested in this subject already has AT LEAST one AR. Yeah, I know, it's the principle of the thing. My mom use that one a lot.

Re. the emergency clause thing. I think Hitler pulled that one in 1934 or thereabouts. Use of this feature tends to lead to mischief. The mayor of Albuquerque may find out it doesn't always work.
I hope that mayor is removed for dereliction of duty. I'm certain that waste of air had to take an oath to get into office and that $&@@) needs gone right quick.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top