JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have bought the jig and have yet to buy any 80% lowers. And I am wondering what different lowers some of you may have worked with.

I am looking for some input from people that may have workec with a couple different ones and what they have found out on the different lowers. Or even if you have just work with one brand or manufacturer and had great experience with that particular part.

I think I read somewhere that one of the manufacturers is marketing under several different brands.

Just gathering information and any useful information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

So I have bought the jig and have yet to buy any 80% lowers. And I am wondering what different lowers some of you may have worked with.

I am looking for some input from people that may have workec with a couple different ones and what they have found out on the different lowers. Or even if you have just work with one brand or manufacturer and had great experience with that particular part.

I think I read somewhere that one of the manufacturers is marketing under several different brands.

Just gathering information and any useful information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've worked with several brands and they were all the same, other than being made by different companies

To go off what you said there are undoubtedly manufacturers that use different names. Or companies that have there name that have their parts made by another company. I work in a firearm machine shop and when it comes to "oem" lowers they are all the same, minus whichever logo or brand is put on it.

MILSPEC forged lowers, you can get them already anodized (my preference), or "in the white". If you want the enclosed trigger guard (as mentioned) Magpul (and others) make some "enhanced" trigger guards that achieve the same look & freel.

As stated, all forged MILSPEC lowers are the same, and are from only a few different forges, the rollmarks for varying companies are the only real difference.

Yeah that's one thing I was also thinking. I'd want to do a cash face-to-face sale. I went to the WAC show in Puyallup in December and I saw some but by time I got back to his Booth, he was sold out.

Yeah that's one thing I was also thinking. I'd want to do a cash face-to-face sale. I went to the WAC show in Puyallup in December and I saw some but by time I got back to his Booth, he was sold out.

I too used to do the "well let's see what everybody else has" when at gun shows. Normally someone else had gotten what was available and I was without.
:s0037::s0037::s0037:

Last Edited:
A few questions that you need to answer (for your own preference).

What material do you want it made from? How do you want it made?

AR Receivers: 7075 T6 vs. 6061 T6 Aluminum - 80-Lower.com: 80% Lowers, Jigs, Build Kits & More! | FAST SHIPPING

Lowers! Billet vs. Forged - What's Best? - AWC

Do you want it coated or "raw"? (I prefer coating's)

I personally look for the "best deal". If you are making them yourself, your holes and "finish" will not be the same as machined or forged. To me "mil spec" is a term that is used VERY loosely with 80% lowers.

Brownell's had these on sale for $39.95ea. I know someone who bought "a few" ;)

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...sku100025580-109993-208622.aspx?sku=100025580

Other than materials, I've been told the manufacturing quality is about the same for each brand. I think what will make a big difference is the jig used to finish the 80% lower out, and the care used in the finishing. I know for certain that slight milling oopsies in the pocket when I finish one are no biggie, but sloppy holes for the trigger pins will leave one buying "anti-walk" pins... ask me how I know... No don't, it's still painful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top