JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The serialization requirement for uppers in HB2005 was evidently tossed out, so the point is moot now.

It looks like I got Y2K'd again. I bought a gazillion firearms and lots of parts (including upper receivers) and just short of nothing has been passed or went into effect. These anti-gunners sure know how to sell firearm stuff.
You don't give them enough credit. They are far from finished with their work. You may yet need all those parts.

Is this a compliance mega mind move?
I think you could still completely disassemble it with one extra hole drilled in it to detach the gas key off the bolt carrier and push the carrier through with the barrel removed. You might could even jiggle the fcg out up the bcg channel and down the mag well if you can rotate it right.

I'd hate to be that guy but if this is some misguided compliance worry (it's never going to be enough) you're going to end up with a pretzel for a brain and should just get a mini14 or something under the radar. -or-
"A plan so crazy it might just work" -howard k duck or mark Twain or something.

I think you could still completely disassemble it with one extra hole drilled in it to detach the gas key off the bolt carrier and push the carrier through with the barrel removed. You might could even jiggle the fcg out up the bcg channel and down the mag well if you can rotate it right.

I'd hate to be that guy but if this is some misguided compliance worry (it's never going to be enough) you're going to end up with a pretzel for a brain and should just get a mini14 or something under the radar. -or-
"Is this a compliance mega mind move?"

It was but looks like we dodged the upper serialization requirement. Interesting idea about removing gas key through extra access hole.

I like this idea but would access holes have to be drilled through charging handle as well?

One access hole in the top rail to ride the gas key off and you could shove it out the barrell extension hole with the barrel off.
Way too much work……

What is the point of make something that is so simple into something that is extremely difficult and ruins a perfectly good firearm?

"Compliance" is his answer.

Pre-compliance.............the next thing you know there's money missing from the dresser and your daughter's knocked up....I seen it a hundred times....

:D

The CZ P01 did the NATO trials passing with 40K rounds. Not clear if they cleaned it or not. They say an AR barrel starts to wear out in 5-7,000 rounds. I know I don't have one AR anything close to that, but I spread the ammo love around.

Wondering how you might clear some possible malfunctions if you can't open it. Say, stuck brass.

The CZ P01 did the NATO trials passing with 40K rounds. Not clear if they cleaned it or not. They say an AR barrel starts to wear out in 5-7,000 rounds. I know I don't have one AR anything close to that, but I spread the ammo love around.

Wondering how you might clear some possible malfunctions if you can't open it. Say, stuck brass.
A stuck round or case is legit concern. I believe through some level of disassembly the issue could be resolved without having to separate the upper from the lower. The key will be the ability to remove the gas key from the BCG. @It-That idea of drilling holes in the top of the upper receiver to allow access to the gas key screws is a good one. I think I will use a side charging upper to prevent having to drill holes through the charging handle as well.

A stuck round or case is legit concern. I believe through some level of disassembly the issue could be resolved without having to separate the upper from the lower. The key will be the ability to remove the gas key from the BCG. @It-That idea of drilling holes in the top of the upper receiver to allow access to the gas key screws is a good one. I think I will use a side charging upper to prevent having to drill holes through the charging handle as well.
Paint can opener for stuck cases through the ejection port.

How would one access the internals? :s0125:

This BCM rifle has made it to 7000+ rounds without cleaning. That would be numerous lifetimes at the rate I go shooting.

^^^Ever consider using them like the tools they are rather than playing with them like toys?

I've let one of my BCM go 6000+ rounds before cleaning, pretty sure it would have kept going for a lot longer as if I kept squirting lube into it. That round count was maybe three years worth and was not my primary carbine. Cleaning is not just for cleaning, it is for inspection also.

Maybe on constant full auto fire, but with semi auto, even heavy, fire a quality barrel will last much longer than that and a major reason I buy chrome lined barrels.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top