JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a deal that Palmetto runs pretty regularly <broken link removed> .The SPARC seems to be pretty eell regarded in the bang for the buck category. Looks like a nice topper for a pistol build. Most other retailers seem to price it in the $200 range so you're essentially getting a free stack o mags.

I've seen that and almost bit several times. Seems like a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just throw my 80%s in a CNC mill at work. The real fun is drawing up custom engravings for the magwell, and outside of the fcg pocket.

One time I threw a 0% in there to see if I could do it, I could, but probably wont again.

VZM.IMG_20160621_132046_zps7opns0gz.jpg VZM.IMG_20160621_131654_zpsijnworyk.jpg IMG_20160806_152420_zpsgc2gigg7.jpg I got some laser engraved a while ago and they turned out great.

Just received my 5D tactical jig in the mail. :)

Yup - mine was in my mailbox when I got home last night.

Now I need to get some reamers, check that I have the right drill bits and setup the workbench in the shop

Keeping my eyes open for a used drill press of quality and a vise or two (one bench vise and a machinists drill/mill vise).

I have been looking for a bench vise. I'm thinking that I am going to just go buy a new one. As for my shop I came to the conclusion last night that I need to rearange a few things and get set up a little better before I mill my first lower.

@The Heretic do we need to have a machinists vise? I know Iron mentioned having the reamers which makes sense.

No real reason to have two vices. I have a free standing vice on a weighted stand.
I do use a machinist cross vice on my drill press though! If your planning more projects down the road, this would be the set up to have. For those just starting out and needing the best bang for the buck, just get a really good machinest vice and make sure you have a good heavy duty bench.:)

Just received my 5D tactical jig in the mail. :)

Yeah, and I just got an email that Brownell's finished 80's are back in stock. For $60 instead of $35 when I tried to order one and the order got canceled.

BTW, did I mention I've got a new-to-me Leupold and some rings I need to find a gun to mount permanently to? :D

This is a deal that Palmetto runs pretty regularly Vortex Sparc Red Dot Scope & Ten Magpul PMAG 30rd Magazines .The SPARC seems to be pretty well regarded in the bang for the buck category. Looks like a nice topper for a pistol build. Most other retailers seem to price it in the $200 range so you're essentially getting a free stack o mags.

The Sparc AR is a quality dot. I run one on my PSA 9mm AR pistol build. Hah, the day after I bought mine from SW and mounted it, PSA ran this deal for the first time. Just my luck........

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads