JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got the lowers from Brownells today. Nice looking, seem to mate up with the upper. Also the router came today. So waiting for the jig.

Once everything is here I will start the build thread and take pics of everything. This will probably happen over the Xmas break.

Got the lowers from Brownells today. Nice looking, seem to mate up with the upper. Also the router came today. So waiting for the jig.

Once everything is here I will start the build thread and take pics of everything. This will probably happen over the Xmas break.

Looking forward to seeing it. Ive only used a drill press and xy vise so im curious how well the router jigs work.

Looking forward to seeing it. Ive only used a drill press and xy vise so im curious how well the router jigs work.

I need to get a workbench setup (I have one in a box - been sitting in the shop for quite a while) and a vise (not sure it the wood vise will hold the work well enough) and maybe some drill bits (need to see what I have) and reamers and a new vernier caliper (my old one is not adequate and is broken anyway).

But once I get all the parts together I will lay them out, take a pic and start the build thread.

Ok. Something I stumbled across here on NWFA and that is very relevant, especially since we lately have been talking about markings on lowers:

ATF Cracks Down on Retro Builders using 80% Receivers | WeaponsMan

Do NOT in any way mark any firearm, including 80% builds, with anything that in any way infers they are capable of full-auto firing, whether they are or not. Apparently putting the words 'full-auto' or 'auto' or multiple icons of projectiles, etc., makes a firearm a "machine gun" in the eyes of the ATF! :eek:

This is not meant to open this discussion here. Let's not side track this thread. If you want to discuss this, then go here:

<broken link removed>

Wow! Just wow! :eek::rolleyes:

Ok. Something I stumbled across here on NWFA and that is very relevant, especially since we lately have been talking about markings on lowers:

Do NOT in any way mark any firearm, including 80% builds, with anything that in any way infers they are capable of full-auto firing, whether they are or not. Apparently putting the words 'full-auto' or 'auto' or multiple icons of projectiles, etc., makes a firearm a "machine gun" in the eyes of the ATF! :eek:

This is not meant to open this discussion here. Let's not side track this thread. If you want to discuss this, then go here:

<broken link removed>

This is also why I putty-fill the factory Auto marking molded into polymer EPLs... :)

<broken link removed>

I don't mean to sidetrack the thread but just that I don't think there is an issue with this or they wouldn't sell 100% lowers with full auto selector markings on them, literally about 50% of new complete lowers have that marking on them...

Stripped Lowers – Spike's Tactical

Nice. I'm really hoping I can make the jig my first firearm related purchase of 2018 - maybe by the end of January. Can't wait.

You'll have to show us your first build.

I am pinching penny's right now etrain. There are so many things I want. My first build might take a while because I'm hoping that my first purchase in 2018 is my gun trust and a new can. I bought the jig because it was 10% off and I just can't turn down a good deal. :D

I am pinching penny's right now etrain. There are so many things I want. My first build might take a while because I'm hoping that my first purchase in 2018 is my gun trust and a new can. I bought the jig because it was 10% off and I just can't turn down a good deal. :D

Damn, I forgot about the trust and the can too.....2018 looks like it's going to be a bit spendy - may not be a single new gun next year, just related items ;)

I'm excited about that trust you told me about - sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Can't wait to get that going.

I don't mean to sidetrack the thread but just that I don't think there is an issue with this or they wouldn't sell 100% lowers with full auto selector markings on them, literally about 50% of new complete lowers have that marking on them...

Stripped Lowers – Spike's Tactical

Yeah, I am not going to debate it further.

I mentioned it here and gave a link to the thread - people can debate it over there and make up their own minds. I for one do not trust our ATF overlords in any shape or fashion, regardless of who is in power - things can change overnight. People should be informed and make up their own minds. I will not put any such markings on my lowers even though I thought about it before I heard about these issues.

I think he just referenced it as a point of interest is all. This thread is intended to be more of a tips, tricks, and how-to guide for anyone who might be getting into 80s.

This is a deal that Palmetto runs pretty regularly <broken link removed> .The SPARC seems to be pretty well regarded in the bang for the buck category. Looks like a nice topper for a pistol build. Most other retailers seem to price it in the $200 range so you're essentially getting a free stack o mags.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top