Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

8 Shot, 6 Dead In Shooting Rampage

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Joe Link, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Original story here: http://www.kirotv.com/news/17373555/detail.html?rss=sea&psp=news

2. SiegGeringer

SiegGeringer Snohomish Co WA Member

So glad this wasn't a CCWer, but I'm guessing a rifle was involved...probably an SKS or similar.

3. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

I'm not for wanton seizing of legally-owned weapons, but when you've got a history of mental problems AND a history of the police having to step in, maybe someone should be making sure people like this don't have access. He just got out of jail, for crying out loud. I know, fine line.

4. JumpWing

JumpWing NK WA Member

Finally we have a family member (the perpetrator's mother, no less) who ISN'T crying about what a good boy he was and how he was 'turning his life around' and all the usual crap. I have sympathy for this woman; in spite of all your efforts you can't predict how your children will turn out. Rather than hide her head in the sand, she publicly recognizes that her son has problems, and that the victims were innocent.

5. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

+1

6. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

Our justice system needs work.