Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

45 ACP Revolvers

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Iceberg, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

Does anyone else have a weakness for .45 ACP revolvers?

2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I don't really remember why but for a long time I wanted a S&W model 1917 in .45 acp or a Webley converted to .45 acp. I used to do bowling pin shoots out at Molalla rifle club years ago and a lady had two model 1917 revolvers. I just thought they were cool with the half and full moon clips. You think Thunder Ranch is a fan of Indiana Jones? :)

IndyGuns-hd.jpg

3. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I seem to buy one every few years to remind myself that I wasn't overly impressed. Then I sell it, kick myself in the butt, and realize I'll do the same thing at some point again. I have owned: 22-4 TR revolver, Model 25 with custom 4" barrel, Ruger Blackhawk with .45 ACP cylinder, and a 1917 S&W Service revolver. Probably need a 625 pre-lock next. Best way to waste my money before I sell it again... ;)

4. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely love my SW MP325 Thunder Ranch .45ACP:

SW325TR.jpg

I'm always looking for more 45 ACP revolvers

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

5. Iceberg

I'm looking at either the S&W 325 Thunder Ranch or 625 Performance Center as the next addition to my collection. Of course, I also wouldn't mind having a Colt SAA or USFA Single Action Revolver w/ a fitted .45 ACP cylinder.

6. Iceberg

A pre-lock S&W 625 is also on my needful things list.
    I'm really not a fan of the controversial internal key lock, but I can live with it since I don't use it & have I've never had an issue with it. If I can shoot a heavy recoiling 4" S&W 500 and my demonic little .357 Magnum Scandium framed Airlite 360 w/o issues w/ the lock, I'm good to go. That said, all my buddies that are serious S&W collectors get really spun up when they even see the evil key lock hole....lol. You would think I was holding a Taurus revolver by the disgusted look on their faces. :paranoid:

7. taroman

taroman Willamette Valley Active Member

Picked this one up a while ago. Serious fun, for sure. Would do just as well for serious social work, too:
    25-3.jpg
    No locky, either.
    I'd like to add a fixed-sight one someday, too.

8. Iceberg

Looks great w/ the Magna Grips.

9. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Love the 45acp revolvers. Kick myself for passing up a good deal on a 1917 S&W few years ago. But last year my wife surprised me with a 5"- 625 'Model of 1989' for my birthday! I absolutely love it.

10. Tanners Owner

Tanners Owner Thurston County, WA Member

I too love my 625JM version. Smooth & slick- shoots better than I do

11. waddell

waddell Sedro Woolley New Member

ron, I'm envious of your birthday present. Had the same model, but let it go for financial reasons, 15 yrs ago. Am now looking for a replacement.

12. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

I have to have one of those!

13. justsaymo

justsaymo NW WA Member

Yup, fun guns.

1917coltr.jpg

Mine's a Colt

14. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

I have a S&W 325 and a Ruger Blackhawks convertible. Love my 45 revolvers!

15. jordanvraptor

I just bought a Webley Mk VI converted to .45 ACP. I understand the .45 ACP is more powerful than the original .455 caliber so I will shoot it sparingly and look at getting some reloads made with reduced powder charges. Just a fun bit of history that I can shoot on occasion. I don't think I will get the .45 Auto Rim casings as I like the half and full moon clips so I won't have to go chasing brass casings every which way.

16. Mandodoc

Mandodoc Battle Ground, WA Member

Dang it, I just drooled all over my keyboard.

17. jordanvraptor

Went out and fired my Webley today with .45 ACP. I am going to have some softer shooting reloads made so I can shoot it more often. The heavy double action trigger pull takes a bit getting used to but it was fun. :)

[video=youtube;xLuoCQPuSMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLuoCQPuSMk[/video]