JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't really remember why but for a long time I wanted a S&W model 1917 in .45 acp or a Webley converted to .45 acp. I used to do bowling pin shoots out at Molalla rifle club years ago and a lady had two model 1917 revolvers. I just thought they were cool with the half and full moon clips. You think Thunder Ranch is a fan of Indiana Jones? :)

IndyGuns-hd.jpg

I seem to buy one every few years to remind myself that I wasn't overly impressed. Then I sell it, kick myself in the butt, and realize I'll do the same thing at some point again. I have owned: 22-4 TR revolver, Model 25 with custom 4" barrel, Ruger Blackhawk with .45 ACP cylinder, and a 1917 S&W Service revolver. Probably need a 625 pre-lock next. Best way to waste my money before I sell it again... ;)

Absolutely love my SW MP325 Thunder Ranch .45ACP:

SW325TR.jpg

I'm always looking for more 45 ACP revolvers

:s0155::s0155::s0155:

I'm looking at either the S&W 325 Thunder Ranch or 625 Performance Center as the next addition to my collection. Of course, I also wouldn't mind having a Colt SAA or USFA Single Action Revolver w/ a fitted .45 ACP cylinder.

I like both of those, but that stupid key lock is a deal breaker for me. I have always wanted an S&W 625 to go along with my 610.

A pre-lock S&W 625 is also on my needful things list.
I'm really not a fan of the controversial internal key lock, but I can live with it since I don't use it & have I've never had an issue with it. If I can shoot a heavy recoiling 4" S&W 500 and my demonic little .357 Magnum Scandium framed Airlite 360 w/o issues w/ the lock, I'm good to go. That said, all my buddies that are serious S&W collectors get really spun up when they even see the evil key lock hole....lol. You would think I was holding a Taurus revolver by the disgusted look on their faces. :s0131:

Love the 45acp revolvers. Kick myself for passing up a good deal on a 1917 S&W few years ago. But last year my wife surprised me with a 5"- 625 'Model of 1989' for my birthday! I absolutely love it.

I just bought a Webley Mk VI converted to .45 ACP. I understand the .45 ACP is more powerful than the original .455 caliber so I will shoot it sparingly and look at getting some reloads made with reduced powder charges. Just a fun bit of history that I can shoot on occasion. I don't think I will get the .45 Auto Rim casings as I like the half and full moon clips so I won't have to go chasing brass casings every which way.

Went out and fired my Webley today with .45 ACP. I am going to have some softer shooting reloads made so I can shoot it more often. The heavy double action trigger pull takes a bit getting used to but it was fun. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a 625-2 5" model of 1988, a Ruger Blackhawk 4.75" with 45acp and 45 Colt cylinders, and a few autos in 45acp as well and a Model of 1909 Colt New Service, but that one is 45 Colt... 45 acp is a great revolver cartridge one too many guys over look...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top