JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 5" 625 "Model of 1989" marked on the barrel. Low mount Burris Fastfire.
DSC00147.JPG

I don't really remember why but for a long time I wanted a S&W model 1917 in .45 acp or a Webley converted to .45 acp. I used to do bowling pin shoots out at Molalla rifle club years ago and a lady had two model 1917 revolvers. I just thought they were cool with the half and full moon clips. You think Thunder Ranch is a fan of Indiana Jones? :)

View attachment 188712
I just looked this up.
That's actually the other S&W seen in the movie.
It's a British-issue Mk.II Hand Ejector chambered in .455 Eley.

Dean

Last Edited:
Does anyone else have a weakness for .45 ACP revolvers?

I have three Model 25's, three Model 625's, two Model 22's and one Model 325. Weakness? No, I feel pretty strongly about them.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Edited to add: Someone on here told me that this forum likes pictures. Of course, what forum doesn't? To that end...

45-ACP-Revolvers.jpg

PB

Last Edited:
And my first, a 625-6, "Model of 1989", 5" barrel, should arrive at my "local" FFL tomorrow :cool:! Oops, did I just say first :eek:?! Of course, then it'll be another 2 weeks (10 business days) before I can actually bring it home, I sure do miss being able to present my concealed carry permit and walking out the same day :mad:. Not that I'll be able to shoot it much anyway, the local range is closed, and my wife will only tolerate a limited amount of shooting out behind my shop :oops:. Yeah, yeah, I know, PICTURES! Ya'll are just gonna have to wait until I bring it home :D! Later.

Dave

daved20319,

Its been years since I've been to Twisp.
Has it become so populated now that you can't just walk into the woods behind your house and pop off a couple of rounds at a nearby tree without causing the neighbors to call the Gendarm's on you?
Man, I must be getting old! :confused:

If it'll shoot acp, it'll shoot Auto Rim, too.:s0155:

DeanMk - sorry, but that is not the case. Single action revolvers do not use moon clips, they headspace on the case mouth. The rim thickness of the .45 Auto Rim equals the clip plus rim of the .45 ACP. There is not enough space between the rear of the cylinder and the recoil shield to accommodate .45 Auto Rim.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If it's been years since you were in Twisp, then you're way over due, this is the best part of the entire state :cool:!It's not the wrath of the gendarmerie I have to contend with, it's the wrath of the wife :eek:! Actually, she's a pretty good sport about my guns, but she's definitely NOT a gun gal, so in the interest of domestic tranquility, I don't push it much or often. That said, the new Smith will definitely get "function tested" out back of my shop once I finally get to bring it home :D. Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads