JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i have found that my RBH 4.75" is with me in the woods more these days and any of the others i have... 235grain RNFP that i cast and run at 950fps with no problems and shoot 2" tall tin cans at 25 yards all day long... as nfield4 says, i do seem to shoot it more than the rest...

i have found that my RBH 4.75" is with me in the woods more these days and any of the others i have... 235grain RNFP that i cast and run at 950fps with no problems and shoot 2" tall tin cans at 25 yards all day long... as nfield4 says, i do seem to shoot it more than the rest...
With jacketed bullets you could push them a lot harder than that, if you were so inclined. Ruger single actions are indestructible, I swear.

none of my45s ever see jackets... i only shoot bullets i make in them... cast is all i need... but yes there is room for more power if you need it...

Yep, luv 'em. This 4" 625 will shortly be joined by a 3" pre-lock model.

086EC7AA-93CF-4F5D-9C14-FED5BCDA08C2.jpeg BCA1EC91-F7C4-4FB0-B8BF-AADF4F2DC32A.jpeg

There's something magical about .45acp... not sure what it is. Maybe because it's uniquely American. Maybe it's the history. Maybe it's its proven efficacy. Probably all of those.
More pics, please... I'm getting weaker.

Glad this thread came back, it deserves a revival.

I too have a weakness for the .45 Caliber Wheel Guns. I like the .45 Colt and it's Younger Brother the ACP. They're both fine Shooting Calibers. The Colt, with the Proper Handloads, in the right Guns, will out do the .44 Magnum!

The ACP is a fun Gun to shoot.

I don't really remember why but for a long time I wanted a S&W model 1917 in .45 acp or a Webley converted to .45 acp. I used to do bowling pin shoots out at Molalla rifle club years ago and a lady had two model 1917 revolvers. I just thought they were cool with the half and full moon clips. You think Thunder Ranch is a fan of Indiana Jones? :)

View attachment 188712

One word of caution on the "cut" Webleys; they have to be loaded to .455 levels as factory .45 ACP is much hotter. When I was a young person I shot one such and the latch busted. Fortunately, I has not harmed, but the revolver had to be repaired. I read later that even though the conversions were very common, the difference in ammunition is something to be aware of. Some fellows loaded .45 Auto-Rim cases to .455 levels and report good results.

And shooting pins is fun. :D

Absolutely love my SW MP325 Thunder Ranch .45ACP:

View attachment 188710

I'm always looking for more 45 ACP revolvers

:s0155::s0155::s0155:
Picked this one up a while ago. Serious fun, for sure. Would do just as well for serious social work, too:
View attachment 188656
No locky, either.
I'd like to add a fixed-sight one someday, too.

Very nice. :)

My last .45 revolver was a .455 Casull Super Redhawk, obviously not a .45acp but .45 Colt was the preferred cartridge for range and fun.

Unwisely, I divested myself of .45 cal revolvers to consolidate ammo... now .357 cal (including 9mm and .38) outnumber my 45s by aLOT. My most recent revolvers are all single-action 38/357s...

I think I should quit trying to out-think myself, build a false "system", and just go w my gut.

You just need to get the right tools for this. Then once you get a good stock of Moon Clips, you'll be good to go!

I found this to be the case too. With the metal clips, there was a tool that made it easy to remove spent casings. I also found an outfit that made polymer clips that were a breeze to load and unload; just pop in/out. I think it was Ez Moon Clips.

3-3/4" Barrel New Vaquero. .45ACP only. Not only a superb shooter, but for such a revolver, it carries very nicely.:cool:

P1030377-zpsot2dmbe2.jpg

P1030802-zpseehj7deq.jpg

It's smaller than it looks...
P1050216.jpg

Last Edited:
Good protection round.
Accurate and 471 ft./lbs. ME...that'll put a hurt on anyone who wants to F'k with ya....might make most bears think twice about continuing that charge towards you, too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top