JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't really remember why but for a long time I wanted a S&W model 1917 in .45 acp or a Webley converted to .45 acp. I used to do bowling pin shoots out at Molalla rifle club years ago and a lady had two model 1917 revolvers. I just thought they were cool with the half and full moon clips. You think Thunder Ranch is a fan of Indiana Jones? :)

IndyGuns-hd.jpg

I seem to buy one every few years to remind myself that I wasn't overly impressed. Then I sell it, kick myself in the butt, and realize I'll do the same thing at some point again. I have owned: 22-4 TR revolver, Model 25 with custom 4" barrel, Ruger Blackhawk with .45 ACP cylinder, and a 1917 S&W Service revolver. Probably need a 625 pre-lock next. Best way to waste my money before I sell it again... ;)

Absolutely love my SW MP325 Thunder Ranch .45ACP:

SW325TR.jpg

I'm always looking for more 45 ACP revolvers

:s0155::s0155::s0155:

I'm looking at either the S&W 325 Thunder Ranch or 625 Performance Center as the next addition to my collection. Of course, I also wouldn't mind having a Colt SAA or USFA Single Action Revolver w/ a fitted .45 ACP cylinder.

I like both of those, but that stupid key lock is a deal breaker for me. I have always wanted an S&W 625 to go along with my 610.

A pre-lock S&W 625 is also on my needful things list.
I'm really not a fan of the controversial internal key lock, but I can live with it since I don't use it & have I've never had an issue with it. If I can shoot a heavy recoiling 4" S&W 500 and my demonic little .357 Magnum Scandium framed Airlite 360 w/o issues w/ the lock, I'm good to go. That said, all my buddies that are serious S&W collectors get really spun up when they even see the evil key lock hole....lol. You would think I was holding a Taurus revolver by the disgusted look on their faces. :s0131:

Love the 45acp revolvers. Kick myself for passing up a good deal on a 1917 S&W few years ago. But last year my wife surprised me with a 5"- 625 'Model of 1989' for my birthday! I absolutely love it.

I just bought a Webley Mk VI converted to .45 ACP. I understand the .45 ACP is more powerful than the original .455 caliber so I will shoot it sparingly and look at getting some reloads made with reduced powder charges. Just a fun bit of history that I can shoot on occasion. I don't think I will get the .45 Auto Rim casings as I like the half and full moon clips so I won't have to go chasing brass casings every which way.

Went out and fired my Webley today with .45 ACP. I am going to have some softer shooting reloads made so I can shoot it more often. The heavy double action trigger pull takes a bit getting used to but it was fun. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a 625-2 5" model of 1988, a Ruger Blackhawk 4.75" with 45acp and 45 Colt cylinders, and a few autos in 45acp as well and a Model of 1909 Colt New Service, but that one is 45 Colt... 45 acp is a great revolver cartridge one too many guys over look...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top