JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Four people were killed and four others hurt when a gunman opened fire at a Waffle House near Nashville, Tennessee, early on Sunday morning. The suspect escaped after a patron wrestled the gun away, police reported.

The suspect approached the fast food place at around 3:25 AM firing into the building from the parking lot before entering and continuing his assault, according to The Tennessean newspaper.

Metro Nashville police told the media that there might have been more victims were it not for a 29-year-old patron who heroically jumped up and disarmed the shooter. The suspect then fled after his rifle was taken from him.

Police named 29-year-old Travis Reinking, who lives in an apartment near the eatery, as a person of interest in the attack. Officials also said that had "previous interactions" with the police.

Reinking was allegedly last seen running nude through a patch of woods nearby, authorities said. The MNPD also said that Reinking's truck is registered in Morton, Illinois, and authorities have contacted officials in Illinois seeking information.

Witness Chuck Cordero, 50, told The Tennessean that he saw the shooter get out of his car and immediately open fire.

"He did not say anything. He pulled up, got out of his car and was all business," Cordero said.

Cordero also praised the young patron who bravely disarmed the attacker.

"He really saved some people. I'm positive he did," Cordero exclaimed. "Had that guy had a chance to reload his weapon, there was plenty more people in that restaurant."

Nashville Mayor David Briley released a statement calling for prayers for the victims and cooperation with authorities.

"My heart goes out to the families and friends of every person who was killed or wounded in this morning's shooting," Briley said in the statement "I know all of their lives will be forever changed by this devastating crime."

The shooting took place in the Antioch neighborhood about two miles from the church where African American suspect Emanuel Kidega Samson killed one and injured nine others in a shooting in September.

The attacker was nude during the attack, and used an AR-15 rifle to shoot everyone.

Naked Gunman Kills 4 at Waffle House in Nashville, Police Say

5adcbb4b19ee864f008b4591-1136-568.jpg

Maybe, just maybe, WH will change it's NGZ policy.

In July 2017, the U.S. Secret Service arrested Reinking for being in a "restricted area" near the White House, according to the Secret Service.

"He wanted to set up a meeting with the president," said Secret Service representative Todd Hudson.

After the arrest, his Illinois firearms authorization was revoked and local Illinois police seized four weapons.

"Among the weapons seized by those authorities was the AR-15 rifle used at the Waffle House today," said Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron at a Sunday afternoon news conference.

Police believe Reinking's father received the weapons after their confiscation, and returned them to his son. Nashville Police Chief Steve Anderson said he believes under Illinois law, guns seized can be returned to someone who has a valid state authorization.
Waffle House shooting: Suspect Travis Reinking previously arrested outside White House

So it's another case of a nut job slipping through the fingers of the Fed's and other law enforcement?

And as a reward for this, the powers to be want to take my God given rights away...

Go figure!!!!

So it's another case of a nut job slipping through the fingers of the Fed's and other law enforcement?

And as a reward for this, the powers to be want to take my God given rights away...

Go figure!!!!

You are right my friend, our GOV officials are to blame by not making sure these types of waste of human skin are locked away. LE are told by politicians what laws to enforce or not to inforce. Justice department's plea bargain to get a conviction then the judges feel the punishment.
It's a numbers game folks and law abiding citizens do not count...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

You are right my friend, our GOV officials are to blame by not making sure these types of waste of human skin are locked away. LE are told by politicians what laws to enforce or not to inforce. Justice department's plea bargain to get a conviction then the judges feel the punishment.
It's a numbers game folks and law abiding citizens do not count...:mad::mad::mad::mad:
They're just trying to invoke a physical confrontation. It's coming folks, faster than some might think...

A terrible thing, and no mistake, for all concerned, except, of course, the POS who did the shooting. Running around nekkid in the woods, I'd like to think that he might just die of multiple applications of poison ivy - it's more likely that he'll get a merciful bullet or twenty from a police officer.

However, I'm still a little concerned about this - 'African American suspect Emanuel Kidega Samson' - it's a long time since this person's antecedents got off the boat. Isn't it time that the 'African Americans' among you became 'Americans'?

tac - Scandinavian-Irish via Canada

Maybe, just maybe, WH will change it's NGZ policy.

In July 2017, the U.S. Secret Service arrested Reinking for being in a "restricted area" near the White House, according to the Secret Service.

"He wanted to set up a meeting with the president," said Secret Service representative Todd Hudson.

After the arrest, his Illinois firearms authorization was revoked and local Illinois police seized four weapons.

"Among the weapons seized by those authorities was the AR-15 rifle used at the Waffle House today," said Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron at a Sunday afternoon news conference.

Police believe Reinking's father received the weapons after their confiscation, and returned them to his son. Nashville Police Chief Steve Anderson said he believes under Illinois law, guns seized can be returned to someone who has a valid state authorization.
Waffle House shooting: Suspect Travis Reinking previously arrested outside White House

Wow, that is amazing. The families of all the dead, and the wounded too, will most certainly sue the shooter's father for every penny that he is worth.

I would imagine that the Dad must be facing criminal prosecution too, for giving firearms to someone who did not have an Illinois firearms authorization license. That man's life is most certainly ruined now.

Too bad the patron didn't turn the AR15 on the psycho instead of letting him run away, would have saved lotsa money prosecuting him, AND keeping him warm, healthy and well-fed in prison :mad:

Too bad the patron didn't turn the AR15 on the psycho instead of letting him run away, would have saved lotsa money prosecuting him, AND keeping him warm, healthy and well-fed in prison :mad:

That's where a law should be added, anyone killing another can be shot and killed running from the scene...

James Shaw.jpg

Twenty-nine-year-old James Shaw Jr. has been identified as the "hero" who wrestled a rifle away from alleged Waffle House gunman Travis Reinking.
Reinking allegedly opened fire in an Antioch, Tennessee, Waffle House Sunday at 3:25 a.m. while wearing nothing but a green jacket. A number of people were injured in the attack and four persons were killed.

The attack ended when Shaw Jr. took away the rifle Reinking was allegedly using in the attack.

Daily Mail reports that Shaw Jr. "was grazed by a bullet and treated for a minor gunshot wound on his elbow." He also "severely burned" his hands when grabbing the hot barrel of the rifle.

Shaw Jr. was treated at the hospital and released.

When described as a "hero" Shaw Jr. demurred, saying he was just looking for a means of escape. He told the Tennessean, I don't really know when everyone said that (of being a hero), it feels selfish. I was just trying to get myself out. I saw the opportunity and pretty much took it."

Shaw Jr. said he timed his efforts on Reinking's need to reload, watching for the moment when he could pounce. He said, "When he came in, I distinctively remember thinking that he is going to have to work for this kill. I had a chance to stop him and thankfully I stopped him."

He added, "I grabbed the gun and kept it down. He had one hand on it. I pulled it away and threw it over the bar."

Shaw Jr. said he went home after the incident and went to church with his family.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews