JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 453246

This man has the appearance of a leader...one in whom I desire to put all my trust because I am incapable of thinking for myself.
I need smarter men like this to tell me what I can and cannot do.
He's the stand-in Mayor. The last one got busted sleeping with her bodyguard who got raises and perks from the arrangement.
She started to fight it claiming a man would not be scrutinized as much but I guess Nashville ain't that Prog wacky all the way yet.

They simply cannot FOCUS on the individual that pulls the trigger, the PC thing to do is blame the gun...!!!:rolleyes:

Jeez, this gets agitating...:mad::mad::mad::mad:
The people in charge of pushing gun control know this, the dummies who follow not so much.
Meanwhile a Van just plowed into a crowd of people in heavily gun controlled Canada......
Evil will find a way until control of the people is total, as in "totalitarian".
What happens then when Big Brother has all of us safe and unarmed?

Which side of gun control you are on comes down to this. Do you trust your government not to be evil?

I can't believe this thread made it two pages without a joke about the Waffle House being a gun free zone. You guys are slackin'.

Either that, or losing our gun rights is no joking matter to some people here.

The shooter was clearly mentally disabled. Anyone who tells the police that he has seen both strange men in suits, and also Taylor Swift herself, spying on and stalking him, has got more than one screw loose.

The story he related of him chasing after Swift, and climbing to the rooftop of a building in pursuit of her, only to then find her magically gone, is really quite crazy.

taylorswiftgettyimages-888632682_0.jpg

When we still ran Mental Institutions we never had these problems till the Progressives had them closed down...

Either that, or losing our gun rights is no joking matter to some people here.

The shooter was clearly mentally disabled. Anyone who tells the police that he has seen both strange men in suits, and also Taylor Swift herself, spying on and stalking him, has got more than one screw loose.

The story he related of him chasing after Swift, and climbing to the rooftop of a building in pursuit of her, only to then find her magically gone, is really quite crazy.

View attachment 453284

I think losing our gun rights is no joking matter to MOST people here, but that hasn't stopped people from making jokes/comments about the absurdity of "gun free zones" in the past. Point taken though.

He didn't attempt to assassinate a sitting US President. Something tells me they won't have enough room to keep him more than 10 years at the most.

Well, but that was only attempted murder. He only killed one person: James Brady, and it took 33 years for the gunshot to kill him.

And remember, Hinkley got a first class defense. His father was an extremely wealthy industrialist, and was Chairman and President of the Vanderbilt Energy Corporation. Hinkley had his own "dream team" lawyers: Vincent Fuller, a senior partner in the prestigious Williams & Connolly law firm. And he was assisted by one of the firm's most brilliant young attorneys: Greg Craig. Craig would go on to even greater fame as the attorney who successfully defended Bill Clinton at his impeachment trial in the Senate, and also serving as President Barrack Obama' s very first White House legal counsel. Hinkley's attorneys also hired the top mental health experts in the country to examine him, and testify that he was insane. Quite a fortune was spent on his defense by his parents.

This dude in Tennessee is probably just going to have some poor dumb public defender defend him.

I didn't see it mentioned in a previous post, but when the guy was arrested a year or so ago for being in a restricted area near the White House, they took his guns away. The guns were returned to the father, who then gave them back to his son. One of the guns he gave his son was the gun used in the shooting.

So the father, who had to know his son was unstable, returned the guns to his son after promising to keep them "secure and away from Travis". I have a feeling the father may face some charges on this one.

It doesn't help the cause of our rights when dumbazz people help enable mentally ill people to do bad things. What the hell was the father thinking? Is he mentally unstable too?

Reinking had accumulated a long list of red flags in recent years; police said he showed signs of mental instability, had extensive run-ins with authorities, and had his firearms license revoked and his guns taken away by authorities last year. He allegedly carried out the mass shooting with one of the guns police had removed.

Last summer, Reinking was arrested outside the White House after he tried to cross a security barrier, declaring himself a "sovereign citizen" who wanted to speak with President Trump. The incident put Reinking under the scrutiny of the Secret Service and the FBI, as well as state and local police in Illinois, where he lived at the time.

In August, state and local authorities seized his guns and gave them to his father, Jeffrey Reinking, who agreed to keep the firearms secure and away from Travis, officials said. Since Sunday's shooting, the father has told police that he eventually gave the guns back to his son.

Source: Waffle House shooting suspect Travis Reinking arrested, refusing to answer questions, police say

What we have here is yet the failure again of government agencies... At multiple levels...

And the reward for the American citizens, yup, you get to lose more of your rights. It's far past time to clean house. Time to hold those who commit crimes accountable. Time to stop blaming 330 million people for the act of one...

We should remember that this nutjob's guns were taken away without due process and unconstitutionally because of the Illinois law which I think EVERYONE here objected to. Now to point to the law's failure as the reason for this crime seems a bit hypocritical.
Also, the article says he moved to Tennessee and was given his guns back, it doesn't state which happened first. If he moved before they were returned then the father did nothing LEGALLY wrong. The nutjob was only prohibited from owning them in Illinois, again through an unconstitutional law.
What SHOULD have happened is nutjob's previous legal problems should have gotten him a conviction and psych eval and a legitimate adjudication of mental defectiveness. Now they have reasonable legal recourse to take his guns away and make it stick at the national level, and the father's actions would be criminal. And no, I don't think legally taking his guns away alone would have stopped this crime, but it would have made his father criminally liable for his stupidity. The best possible chance of stopping it would have been an accurate psych eval followed by either treatment or incarceration, as required.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top