JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any of you have a .356 Win Marlin or Winchester?

I'm getting sorely tempted by the idea of one. I like .35 cals on principle, and I think a lever gun would be awfully handy in the thick stuff on the wet side of the Cascades.

I've only got a single stage press, and .356 brass is next to impossible to find. Is sizing way down .444 Marlin brass doable without much trouble (I'm a new reloader, so I've got to ask)?

Those of you with the Marlin 336ER version, what's been your experience with loading and any pressure concerns?

For that use, I would look for a savage 99 in .358 winchester. They're rare, but they're out there. I honestly think that would be a better way to go, as in a pinch you can just neck out .308 win brass to .358.

What about the 35rem? I know its not lighting the world on fire ballistically but it is more popular. The 444 rim looks bigger and would require trimming. The 307win or 30marlin would be a better choice for making brass. However, that is a lot of work for 200fps. Or maybe a Browning BLR in 358win?
Best of luck,

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top