JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
according to all the MANY posts i've read on the castboolit page the M die is THE cat's meow for flaring rifle brass.for my 38-55 I bought the 'cowboy dies; from RCBS, they are designed to flare for cast and made to roll crimp,but they ...at the time..cost a bit more

according to all the MANY posts i've read on the castboolit page the M die is THE cat's meow for flaring rifle brass.for my 38-55 I bought the 'cowboy dies; from RCBS, they are designed to flare for cast and made to roll crimp,but they ...at the time..cost a bit more
I'll tell you what...! I just tried flaring with a .38/.357 flare die. I don't think so. I mean, unless you want your beautiful piece of brass to look like the end of a trumpet. :oops: I don't think anybody wants that.

well yea a .358 expander on a .309 case mouth might be a mite much,lol
I like my lee universal expander, runs or did pre shortages, about 24 bucks , sportsmans might have one save postage or put tapered punch in drill press and make that work ,it does with the right punch

well yea a .358 expander on a .309 case mouth might be a mite much,lol
I like my lee universal expander, runs or did pre shortages, about 24 bucks , sportsmans might have one save postage or put tapered punch in drill press and make that work ,it does with the right punch
I'll probably be able to find it on amazon. I shouldn't need the expander if I'm not using lead. I don't use it on flat point bullets in the Swede Mauser and don't have a shaving issue. I'm looking at some Berry's flat point 150 gr.

aren't Berry's lead with athin gilded plating ? same theory, no ? might get by with just chamfering case mouths a tad,the less work the better of course
There were TWO Berry's that looked almost he same. One said 1250fps unless otherwise noted. There was no "Otherwise noted" in that ad. The other, from a different place stated a max velocity of 1950 fps. I ordered them. We'll see.

The 30 cal Lee expander is fairly cheap and works great on 300blk leadheads. Don't see why wouldn't work on a long necked 30-30 just fine Without shoulder interference.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top