JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hello I have a 44 mag lever gun and was going to load for it, I dont do much reloading so I was going to use the mallet hand loading kit. I know you can crimp but does it full length size the straight walled case, any experience would be great thanks

They work well
Straight wall cases like your 44 Mag work great.

I've made damn accurate rounds with a .300 Savage kit, .38/357 kit and 9mm kit.

They are damn handy. A nice rubber mallet is good along with a flat piece of wood like a 2x6 that's 2' - 2.5' long. Don't bang on your table, counter or a bench. Sit in a good chair and give a little love taps with the board across your lap. Don't forget eye protection.

If these are unobtanium, look for a Lee Hand Press and 44 Mag dies.
This will allow multiple calibers with just dies and you can add whatever caliber you want down the road.

Feel free to reach out to anyone in the reloading section of this forum if you have any questions. Most are highly knowledgeable.

I personally have all Lee presses and assortments or have had assortments of other hand loader kits as well.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the info so then it does full length the straight walled case I was worried about feeding problems in my lever gun
Yes, they do them well. Straightwalled cases are the easiest, no neck or shoulder to bump back. Less springy.

If you buy one and it doesn't do what you want, look me up and I'll eat my 'bad advice' and buy it from you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top