JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any of you have a .356 Win Marlin or Winchester?

I'm getting sorely tempted by the idea of one. I like .35 cals on principle, and I think a lever gun would be awfully handy in the thick stuff on the wet side of the Cascades.

I've only got a single stage press, and .356 brass is next to impossible to find. Is sizing way down .444 Marlin brass doable without much trouble (I'm a new reloader, so I've got to ask)?

Those of you with the Marlin 336ER version, what's been your experience with loading and any pressure concerns?

For that use, I would look for a savage 99 in .358 winchester. They're rare, but they're out there. I honestly think that would be a better way to go, as in a pinch you can just neck out .308 win brass to .358.

What about the 35rem? I know its not lighting the world on fire ballistically but it is more popular. The 444 rim looks bigger and would require trimming. The 307win or 30marlin would be a better choice for making brass. However, that is a lot of work for 200fps. Or maybe a Browning BLR in 358win?
Best of luck,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads