JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks - I was sliding the bipod around on the table and visibility was less than optimal, very foggy. I'm using a 700 sps tactical. Supposedly it's capable of 1/4"groups. I know I was not at that time. But I'd love to do some clovers ;-). As for powder I'm limited to IMR 4064. It seems to be pretty versatile - goes from 5.56 to 45-70 in my reloading manual. Midway has a sale on 168 grs BTHP I bought a box of 100 last week. Weighed 10 random they were between 168.3 and 167.9.

Here in yUK I shoot two loads in two .308Win rifles, one of which you can see in my avatar. That rifle is a Krico 650SS, and shooting Lapua cases, 4064 and Lapua 155gr Scenar bullets, it's a 3/4" ten-shot shooter all the day long.

My other .308Win is a K31-action 300m match rifle with a Schutlz & Larsen 28" bbl, and prefers the 168gr bullets from Sierra, their SMK - again with 4064.

Cases are kept separate so that they are only neck-sized, and ALL are Lapua. Both have been reloaded at least twelve times so far.

I also shoot two 7.5x55 Swiss - the calibre is .308" - and the cases are Prvi/Grafs - ten reloads so far without any sign of a hitch.

The two 7x57 use Sellier & Bellot cases and bullets, and the 6.5x55 uses Lapua cases and Sierra bullets. I have no problems getting ten reloads out of either, but then I'm not trying to blow the backstop into the next county either.

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads