JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks - I was sliding the bipod around on the table and visibility was less than optimal, very foggy. I'm using a 700 sps tactical. Supposedly it's capable of 1/4"groups. I know I was not at that time. But I'd love to do some clovers ;-). As for powder I'm limited to IMR 4064. It seems to be pretty versatile - goes from 5.56 to 45-70 in my reloading manual. Midway has a sale on 168 grs BTHP I bought a box of 100 last week. Weighed 10 random they were between 168.3 and 167.9.

Here in yUK I shoot two loads in two .308Win rifles, one of which you can see in my avatar. That rifle is a Krico 650SS, and shooting Lapua cases, 4064 and Lapua 155gr Scenar bullets, it's a 3/4" ten-shot shooter all the day long.

My other .308Win is a K31-action 300m match rifle with a Schutlz & Larsen 28" bbl, and prefers the 168gr bullets from Sierra, their SMK - again with 4064.

Cases are kept separate so that they are only neck-sized, and ALL are Lapua. Both have been reloaded at least twelve times so far.

I also shoot two 7.5x55 Swiss - the calibre is .308" - and the cases are Prvi/Grafs - ten reloads so far without any sign of a hitch.

The two 7x57 use Sellier & Bellot cases and bullets, and the 6.5x55 uses Lapua cases and Sierra bullets. I have no problems getting ten reloads out of either, but then I'm not trying to blow the backstop into the next county either.

tac

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top