JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have a new barrel to break in on my 300 Winnie. I shoot 210 gr Bergers with Rutumbo. I also have 50 Nosler BT laying around in 30 cal 180 gr that I will never use. So, instead of wasting 50 Berger VLD Hunting rounds breaking in the barrel, I'll use to BTs. I can find any load data. I know Rutumbo is for heavy bullets. Not working up a load. Just want to break in the barrel. Anyone else use Rutumbo with less than 200 gr bullets?

I am not really all that concerned with the actual break in of the barrel. I simply need to sight the rifle in, knock off any tooling, and get a good deposit in the barrel to get started on copper equilibrium. I simply would prefer to use the Nosler BT instead of the Berger.

I don't think having 1/3 pound of powder in your cabinet that can be used for all common bullet weights in your WM would be a bad thing..
That unused pound of powder "cost/wasted" what.. $5? come on, man

Just for fun I checked the Nosler manual. They don't list any powder anywhere near as slow as Retumbo in the 180gr class.
Doesn't mean you can't make it work, though.

Being that one of the slowest powders I have listed (RL22) uses a load of 107% case capacity, you would probably just fill the case with Retumbo...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top