JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have several nice triggers. Once you start it is hard to go back.

I really like the FLAT triggers, cant get that in mil spec.

Giessele
2) SD-E
1) SD-C

LaRue
3) MBT-2S

Velocity
1) 4lb steel

1) Rise Armament ( haven't used yet)

1) ELF

Next one to try is a TriggerTech Diamond, precision long range AR.

Still have 3 with Mil-spec triggers, not sure what I want to do with those yet.
Curious about the ELF.

Is it everything they hyped it up to be?

Curious about the ELF.

Is it everything they hyped it up to be?

well mine isnt even the highest level one, forgot exactly which one I have.
But I do like it. crisp clean, maybe the slightest amount of take up, have to concentrate to even feel it. pretty short reset, without getting to crazy.

well mine isnt even the highest level one, forgot exactly which one I have.
But I do like it. crisp clean, maybe the slightest amount of take up, have to concentrate to even feel it. pretty short reset, without getting to crazy.
Thank you.

600 yard line
6-inch X-ring
Iron sights
Prone with sling

Miss a 1MPH shift in wind speed and you are blown out of a scoring ring.

You have to be observing conditions with high levels of focus.

If you have to be thinking about your trigger forget about it. The top flight triggers work ... for the life of the barrel and longer ... and they act the same time each and every single time.

If you are not a match / long-range type of shooter there are better places to spend your money. If you play the high power, or other accuracy focused games then you greatly hinder yourself if you don't have a top level trigger.

That's my take!
MY experience with AR match triggers.
For many years of shooting Highpower matches I thought the Geissele triggers are not worth the extra money. :cool: I have several
2-stage Rock River and one Armalite match trigger. Recently bought a LaRue 2 stage trigger for a plinker it is a great trigger for $80
but not comparable to a NM Geissele. For those who don't know the 'Service Rifle' class requires a minimum of 4.5 pound
trigger pull. At a rare moment of having some extra $$ I purchase a Geissele Hi speed National Match trigger. Love it wish I would of bought
one years ago. Another advantage of the Geissele is lighter hammer for faster lock time which increases inherent accuracy.:D I'm told
the only thing that wears are the hammer and trigger springs after 10K or more uses. For competition shooting Geissele triggers do justify
the cost. ;) :s0130: For you other guys a mill spec trigger is fine for minute of beer can. :D:p:)
Hi speed National Match Geisslele
1594939453567.png

DSC00194.JPG

If you never explore other options than a 6-8lb single stage milspec trigger, you'll never know what you're missing. If you do, you'll never want to go back.

When you evaluate if the cost of a Geissele trigger is worth it or not, there are multiple things to consider. Can you afford it? If you have to put it on credit, or save up and eat Ramen for 6 months, or hide the receipt from your wife, the answer is probably no. In fact, it is no. It wouldn't be worth it for you.

Are you a low volume shooter who makes 3 or 4 range trips a year and shoots from a bench at static targets 100 yards and in? Probably not worth it.

If the cost is not a burden, and the amount of ammo you shoot per year is measured in cases rather than 20 round boxes off the Walmart shelf, it is definitely worth it.

It's not uncommon for the G triggers that usually sell for $240 to be on sale for under $200 several times a year. Another option, which is IMHO the absolute best bang for the buck, is the Geissele G2S. It retails for around $150, but can be found on sale from places like PSA and Primary Arms for $99. The LaRue MBT is a good $80 trigger, but the Geissele G2S absolutely smokes it in comparison.

The other options mentioned in the thread are the nickel teflon coated triggers from BCM, ALG ACT, Sionics, etc. They are certainly smoother than a standard milspec trigger, I have the BCM in one lower, but not something I'd spend the money on as the difference between it and a standard milspec trigger isn't that much, and they are priced around the $70 range. The LaRue MBT would be a better choice at that price point if you can't wait for the Geissele G2S to go on sale.

Drop in or cassette triggers as they're sometimes called don't have a place in a hard use duty type weapon in my opinion. They are too prone to getting locked up from debris. You're free to do as you please though.

Another option, which is IMHO the absolute best bang for the buck, is the Geissele G2S. It retails for around $150, but can be found on sale from places like PSA and Primary Arms for $99.

This really is the best way for someone to get into a G trigger if the price tag is a major concern. I much prefer the a standard hammer J-spring and the other amenities of the standard trigger but it is a good option and like you mention blows others in its price range out of the water.

Drop in or cassette triggers as they're sometimes called don't have a place in a hard use duty type weapon in my opinion. They are too prone to getting locked up from debris. You're free to do as you please though.

I have always steered clear of cassette triggers, in part, for the reason you mention but at the same time believe that are not all the same in that regard. For example I've heard and read go things about Wilson's TTU and CMC in hard use duty guns and I know Steve @Cerberus Group uses one of the Rise trigger units (don't recall which one), he likes and recommends them and is not gentle on his guns. But yeah, I'll stick with G triggers in most of my guns and if budget is a driving factor I'll use ALG ACT, BCM PNT or SIONICS EMST and really have no desire to broaden my horizons regarding AR triggers.

This really is the best way for someone to get into a G trigger if the price tag is a major concern. I much prefer the a standard hammer J-spring and the other amenities of the standard trigger but it is a good option and like you mention blows others in its price range out of the water.

I have always steered clear of cassette triggers, in part, for the reason you mention but at the same time believe that are not all the same in that regard. For example I've heard and read go things about Wilson's TTU and CMC in hard use duty guns and I know Steve @Cerberus Group uses one of the Rise trigger units (don't recall which one), he likes and recommends them and is not gentle on his guns. But yeah, I'll stick with G triggers in most of my guns and if budget is a driving factor I'll use ALG ACT, BCM PNT or SIONICS EMST and really have no desire to broaden my horizons regarding AR triggers.

It could be some are better than others in that regard, but my experience with a CMC and Timney soured me on them and G triggers have served me very well.

It's all about the application. I wouldn't want a 2 1/2 lb trigger on a defensive rifle, but for range accuracy might be the schnizz. I use the heavy spring on my ACT's because in a tense situation I won't notice it's heavier and can prevent firing accidentally.

As other's have mentioned, not all cassette triggers are equal. As I understand it you can't get the same reset and break levels out of a standard trigger because the cassette allows you to not be beholden to the geometry of the trigger pin placement.

I have bought quite a few of the CMC 3.5lb Single stage triggers and never had issues with them (including high volume carbine classes running suppressed the whole time).

I tried a friend's Geissele, can't recall which model specifically, like all things G, I felt it was overpriced.

I like my Geissele SSA-E and have had it for several years. No problems and the trigger is a big upgrade over the stock one. I wouldn't recommend paying the full $240 as others have said they go on sale for $150 or less.

For me optics and trigger are worth spending $$$ on. You use both for every shot you take.

I see people put lasers,lights, bayonets, and all sorts of gear on their AR's to make them look cool and yet they'll never use them. You guys can keep all that I'll keep my Trijicon accupoint and my Geissle trigger :p.

I like my Geissele SSA-E and have had it for several years. No problems and the trigger is a big upgrade over the stock one. I wouldn't recommend paying the full $240 as others have said they go on sale for $150 or less.

For me optics and trigger are worth spending $$$ on. You use both for every shot you take.

I see people put lasers,lights, bayonets, and all sorts of gear on their AR's to make them look cool and yet they'll never use them. You guys can keep all that I'll keep my Trijicon accupoint and my Geissle trigger :p.

Hey, I use my QD picatinny tactical electric pasta fork all the time...

Last Edited:
I shoot because I enjoy shooting. I also enjoy nice equipment. I enjoy shooting more with Really nice equipment, so yes good triggers are something I feel is worth the money. I have a safe full of different guns for different uses and they have different parts (including different triggers). Anyone who says you can shoot just as good with a milspec trigger as you can with a ELF Pro has never used one Or plain can't shoot! I don't think you need a $240 trigger on your kids pinker and a lot of folks don't shoot well enough or often enough to really appreciate it but if you do and you can afford it why wouldn't you?

I'm with @titsonritz about laying out the pesos on a trigger. I had a hard time justifying paying out close to 2 bills for one.

A few years back, I ran across Rise Triggers, and for 75.00 I tried their 140 model, which is their entry level trigger. Have had it for close to 10k rounds through it, still pressing at 3.5lbs since the day I installed it. Now have them and the 434 flat triggers in everything.

I'm with @titsonritz about laying out the pesos on a trigger. I had a hard time justifying paying out close to 2 bills for one.

A few years back, I ran across Rise Triggers, and for 75.00 I tried their 140 model, which is their entry level trigger. Have had it for close to 10k rounds through it, still pressing at 3.5lbs since the day I installed it. Now have them and the 434 flat triggers in everything.

With your experience and realizing your profession, is the 434 ok for self defense? Would a 140 be a better choice? The flat trigger is what makes me wonder, though I haven't used any trigger that aren't curved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top