JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The "C" clips are on the inside of the receiver. I was having problems with the hammer pin sliding out on one side and making the trigger useless. The pin had no grooves in it - manufacturer oops? This Bushmaster is not your typical AR. This is not the firearm that I am shopping for a new trigger group.

Like i said, I don't have any experience with drop in (aftermarket) triggers. I am just now shopping around for a replacement trigger set.

Ahh that makes sense, I'd be a little nervous about having those c-clips come loose and bind something up.

Word of caution, once you start putting in aftermarket triggers (drop in, cassette whatever) you'll get pretty spoiled and not want to go back to shooting mil-spec!

No big deal if you only have a couple ARs, could be expensive if you have many...

Back to my question is the Wilson Combat Tactical Trigger Unit (TR-TTU) single stage triggers on sale for $145 a good deal on a good trigger? Please do not say Geiselle or any other trigger. I just want to know if people like the trigger and price. Thanks.

Ppl were talking about rise armament above. Noticed this one on sale today. No idea about trigger or if that's a good price. Just passing along FYI in case anyone is interested:View attachment 726059

Check wcarmory...

$89.00

Back to my question is the Wilson Combat Tactical Trigger Unit (TR-TTU) single stage triggers on sale for $145 a good deal on a good trigger? Please do not say Geiselle or any other trigger. I just want to know if people like the trigger and price. Thanks.

Yes I believe that is a good deal. generally when i see them they are over $200.

I have never used a Wilson Combat, but only ever heard good things about them.

I would take the Rock River Arms 2 Stage National Match Trigger over most all others.:)
You can find them at Retail for around $130.00 or on Sale sometimes for right around $100.00.
Fantastic Trigger although I prefer the Black NM Trigger over the Chrome NM Trigger. I have about 6 of them in my ARs and also in my Wife's AR-15 and Her Ruger SR 7.62 AR Rifle.

I don't have personal experience with that trigger, but if it's from Wilson I'm sure it'll be quality.

Brownells is not the only one to confuse drop in triggers with cassette, or putting them in the same class. I understand the difference, but have not done a lot of research or had any experience with aftermarket AR triggers. If I make a faux pas, it is from reading someone else's reviews on the "Best AR Triggers."

Drop-in to me is a trigger set that does not require any gun-smithing and fits into the mil-spec receiver.

It's like imagining sex with a certain person is not that great. Then you do it and your like O FUK YES! I spent 250 each on 2 "elf" triggers. Amazing! If your on a budget go for Rise Armament 434. I just purchased 2 for less than $120 each. 3.5 pound pull which I don't care about. To me the magic is 0 take up with short reset.

America is about freedom; which means you can make your own choices. Pick what you like and can afford and do you. Who cares if someone else thinks you spent too much (or too little) on a trigger.

I put a Geissele on my AR-15 and at 100 and 200 yards, My groups tightened up by a MINIMUM of 50%. It was absolutely amazing. Also added a GREAT trigger to my Mini 14 and guess what ...? ... The SAME results. Felt so SMOOTH and the take up was like butter. If improving your groups, your accuracy is of importance to you. Get the trigger. NOTHING but NOTHING is more important in accuracy and FAST shooting than your trigger. Why buy a Ferrari and put Costco tires on it ???

One thing that is not being discussed here is liability. I am firmly in the camp of a decent trigger being worth the price of admission. It makes for more accurate shooting.

But ... there is a potential issue if you go too light and use a firearm for self defense. It the trigger is in the range that is commonly assumed to be "match pull weight" versus "service or duty pull weight" you could be in for a challenge in both civil and criminal proceedings. Especially if it's not the original trigger that came from the original manufacturer.

This is a very grey area, and assumes opposing council knows something about firearms but it is a reality.

Food for though at least, right?

This is true however there are plenty of "$240" triggers that offer a combat pull weight 4-4.5lbs. Seeing as the whole idea of this thread is begging the need for an expensive big name trigger I think liability was less of a concern than the price tag.
One thing that is not being discussed here is liability. I am firmly in the camp of a decent trigger being worth the price of admission. It makes for more accurate shooting.

But ... there is a potential issue if you go too light and use a firearm for self defense. It the trigger is in the range that is commonly assumed to be "match pull weight" versus "service or duty pull weight" you could be in for a challenge in both civil and criminal proceedings. Especially if it's not the original trigger that came from the original manufacturer.

This is a very grey area, and assumes opposing council knows something about firearms but it is a reality.

Food for though at least, right?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top