JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too many variables
CMC claims 25,000 plus machine generated pulls. I would guess with real world dirty conditions it would be much less but maybe still in the thousands of pulls?

"The triggers have been tested and documented to over 25,000 machine generated cycles. Those same tested parts were then put through a 500 round, live fire test. After the test was complete, no fractures, cracks or failures were found. CMC states, "every characteristic of the trigger groups undergo hundreds of thousands of rounds of cycle testing to ensure reliability before [they] ever release a design update.""

Frankly, if you get to the 25k round point, your rifle probably deserves a new trigger anyway. Most people will not shoot that many rounds through an AR ever, let alone on a single trigger unit.

I'd check with @Cerberus Group and anyone else that runs classes or attends lots of them - as they're likely to have more rounds downrange.

I suppose I'd expect something in a drop in trigger pack - especially a super light one like a Triggertech Diamond - to fail first. But how exactly it would fail? No clue. It just has more small parts and springs compared to the OG milspec design…

Then again, how much force is actually exerted on the trigger mechanism? Seems the hammer just has to survive hitting the bolt carrier round after round - should be easy with a properly heat treated piece of steel.

Tl;dr - no friggin clue but my money is on mil spec to outlast drop ins.

I asked the question about life span of the Geissele competition trigger? Because of a lot of
dryfire practicing. The person I asked the question to, is one of the best Highpower shooters in
the nation. Winning multipole National Matches. His answer is the Geissele NM triggers never
wear out. The trigger springs need replacing after +50K. But the trigger surfaces will out last
you. Some claim 100K pulls on a Geissele trigger.

Yet another one of those 1-3am, "a pointless random thought crossed my mind, everyone needs to be made aware of it and comment" threads?

1683290352077.png

🤣

Last Edited:
I asked the question about life span of the Geissele competition trigger? Because of a lot of
dryfire practicing. The person I asked the question to, is one of the best Highpower shooters in
the nation. Winning multipole National Matches. His answer is the Geissele NM triggers never
wear out. The trigger springs need replacing after +50K. But the trigger surfaces will out last
you. Some claim 100K pulls on a Geissele trigger.
That's good. If the soggy G can go 100k, I should be able to pass down my Larue to my great grandkids.

Yet another one of those 1-3am, "a pointless random thought crossed my mind, everyone needs to be made aware of it and comment" threads?

View attachment 1416945

🤣
Yes exactly this. Everyone of his "what if" threads should be entitled:

"I need mental stimulation, therefore let me immediately post this idea so everyone can stroke my need."

Last Edited:
How many trigger pulls do you think a person could get out of an AR15 trigger before removal from lower would be necessary? Would drop in triggers have a greater or shorter lifespan?
I don't know, but now I feel like I need to know.

There is something inherently satisfying in completely wearing something out because you used it to the point of exhaustion or failure, and earned a skill during the process.

Racing tires, running shoes, a writing pen, any bearded clam, etc.

On the serious side...I have a Colt 6920 on its 3rd barrel and used the stock trigger for 2 of the barrels, which would put the trigger use with a combination of dry and live fire well over 40k pulls.

Other than cleaning, a touch up with an ultra fine stone through the years on the sear surfaces and other contact points was all that was done.

I still have that trigger group, and would have no problem installing and using it if need be.

The only variable I see with this is the obvious quality of the fire control group...and that includes the selector switch and pins.

The other factor to mention, is all those 40k pulls were done without using those gimmick anti rotation pins. The holes in the lower still gauge perfectly as when it was new...again the variable is the quality of the parts...in this case, the lower.

Parts quality does matter for longevity and being trouble free.

I've since installed a Rise Armament trigger in that Colt 6920 when I put on it's 3rd barrel...it's up to 8-10k rounds. I take apart the drop-in style triggers and clean them, as for the most part they come apart like a stock trigger...no noticeable wear.. nothing abnormal so far.

I've got over 15k on another Rise Armament trigger, the same with that one...nothing abnormal. It's my main use rifle...I started a thread and posted the build sheet on that rifle last year, as I got quite a few inquiries about my rifle setup and what parts I use.

I just looked for that thread I posted about the build sheet of my main rifle...it was posted October of 2021...does time fly...

The only change to the rifle is the addition of the Unity MRO mount, which puts the optic higher.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top