$240 AR15 triggers, why?

Reactions
So I feel like I can tell the difference in weight and smoothness of a cheap parts kit trigger vs a $60 dollar BCM trigger like this: BCM® PNT Trigger Assembly AR15

But I can't imagine how much better a geissle (sp?) trigger could be that'd be worth an extra $200. Maybe competitive shooting? I'm not sure I could tell a difference in that jump...

School me on why it's worth the extra coin.

Last edited:
I've had 2 geissle triggers: the SSA and SD-C. Loved both and plan on getting another one as soon as bank account allows. To me its about consistency and predictability and Geissle delivers on that. To each his own i guess. Nothing wrong with mil-spec triggers if you train. To me they are crude and "creepy"
I’m more like Snoopy. Mash trigger, go bang! But I do love G. Loomis rods and catch lots of fish with them.

I’m more like Snoopy. Mash trigger, go bang! But I do love G. Loomis rods and catch lots of fish with them.
I'm more a CMMG "Tuned" factory trigger guy, and while I can appreciate the fine nuances and feel of a GL-2 Loomis, I much prefer the Lamaglass XMG or a Sage TCR Switch Twitch rod! :s0155:

Every tool box needs tools! :D

I'm more a CMMG "Tuned" factory trigger guy, and while I can appreciate the fine nuances and feel of a GL-2 Loomis, I much prefer the Lamaglass XMG or a Sage TCR Switch Twitch rod! :s0155:

Every tool box needs tools! :D
You compared the worst Loomis with the best Lami! No fair!

Jonnyuma

Reactions
I'm in the "diminishing returns" camp. Most MilSpec triggers suck, no real secret there, but the benefits of a super-tuned trigger are lost on me... I ain't good enough to make it pay up.
I like the ALG Defense triggers in an AR, very clean and easy to maintain. I also took a chance on a CMMG drop-in flat trigger which I like and is a bit more precise than the cleaned-up Milspec ALG units.
Both examples are lower-end aftermarket that work well for what I do and don't cost more than their inherent worth.
Maybe not quite the Snoopy pole, but a long way from open water casting.

Ok, Ok! Ya got me there, I wasn't going to mention my Loomis IMX Platinum Pro, cause that rod puts the XMG to task! I think the Loomis has landed more fish then the Lami, but I still got a lot of years to "test" the qualities and report back to ya! :D

Wombat of Doom

Reactions
So I feel like I can tell the difference in weight and smoothness of a cheap parts kit trigger vs a $60 dollar BCM trigger like this: BCM® PNT Trigger Assembly AR15

But I can't imagine how much better a geissle (sp?) trigger could be that'd be worth an extra $200. Maybe competitive shooting? I'm not sure I could tell a difference in that jump...

School me on why it's worth the extra coin.
I enjoy guns. I enjoy shooting nice triggers. The Geissele ssp is one of my favorites. I have never served in the military. I have hunted a few things over the years but am mostly a target shooter. But I don't like plain milspec. The Algs are very nice triggers but comparing the triggers, some just work better for some people.

nwslopoke

Reactions
I have a few budget triggers. Outside of the PSA EPT triggers, they all added a level of unreliability to an otherwise reliable rifle. The worse for me was the reduced power springs kit. The LaRue 2 stage has been pretty reliable but doesn't like rapid firing. But I do shoot more accurately with them.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Have done several transfers through this shop. All were pleasant experiences. Folks were friendly and pleasant, prices were fair. I wouldn't...
  • Gorge Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Good little shop. Have transferred numerous pieces here and it's always been pain free. My only little gripe is limited hours (currently not...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place to pickup from sites like Davidson's. Low fees. Friendly folks.
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    This has been my go to for all transfers. Peter, the two Jasons and Joe have always been very professional and accommodating. The transfer...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent transfer and very helpful
    Was there yesterday and had my first private party transfer done. Went really smoothly and pj was very helpful. He was willing to make an...
Top Bottom