JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
gLIStl.jpg

I don't dislike any of them.
Don't feel you can really go wrong.
Agree (assuming it's not a junk brand or something). I would extend that "hard to go wrong" to the suppressors also, assuming one is shooting subsonics. IMO 22lr is the one round where there isn't that much difference from one brand of suppressor to the next. Yes tiny volume will be worse than big volume but by and large there just isn't that much difference from what I have seen from one suppressor to the next for 22lr. The large volume can such as wired showed above would be the exception when used on short-barreled guns where there is more gas to mitigate. I can't speak to the differences when shooting supersonic rounds cuz I don't bother. Just my experience from shooting small diameter/volume to large diameter/volume ones and from research of others who tested multiple brands (but similar volume) suppressors. Speaking of noise suppression only, not ease of cleaning where design and materials can have a greater impact on that factor (as can choice of ammo).
Fe here is a $107 suppressor (literally the cheapest one I could find). I think the brand is creative arms or something:

Last Edited:
Ive shot through a lot of .22 silencers. Some were OK, some were great and some were horrid. FRP can get really bad on a poorly designed silencer. Ive built a lot on for 1's as well. Monocores are really hard to do well. For a .22LR silencers if its got a decent K baffle or clipped cone or even Omega baffle and the bore is tight it will usually work out OK. There are some bad silencers out there. Just about anything will work on a rifle but 3-4" barrels you better have your ducks in a row.

NFA Short barrel 10-22 with a Green Mountain 8" 1x9 twist barrel shooting Aquila 60 gr. SSS ammo with an Elite Iron Echo 6" can. Also a Sig Mosquito pistol with another Elite Iron Echo 6" can. Pop. Pop. Pop. The bullets are hollow pointed down to about 55 grains. No baffle strikes, (YET) with the bug gun. 1x16.

Both are deadly lethal instant death for all the huge powerful dangerous green summer garden monsters that stalk and prowl our summer garden. Dangerous.

After reading through this post I am surprised that not one mention of the Savage FV-SR that is my favorite suppressed 22lr one hole wonder. If you have some smithing skills you can get the stock accu trigger to a crisp ~ 1lb pull without spending any $$. Although I use my rimfire suppressors on a variety or riffles and pistols it is my FV-SR that I would use for a rodent or varmint out to 100yds as it just shoots.

Ive shot through a lot of .22 silencers. Some were OK, some were great and some were horrid. FRP can get really bad on a poorly designed silencer. Ive built a lot on for 1's as well. Monocores are really hard to do well. For a .22LR silencers if its got a decent K baffle or clipped cone or even Omega baffle and the bore is tight it will usually work out OK. There are some bad silencers out there. Just about anything will work on a rifle but 3-4" barrels you better have your ducks in a row.
Do you find, generally, the longer the silencer, the more effective it is?

Do you find, generally, the longer the silencer, the more effective it is?
Oh no not at all. Silencer design really falls into 3 areas.

1. Volume to soak up hot gasses
2. Gas containment to hold back gasses before they hit the atmosphere
3. Gas disruption to redirect gasses long enough to cool before they hit the atmosphere.

The most important of the three is #3. You can have a well designed baffle stack that has a labyrinth of passages the gas flow has to take that will be MUCH quieter than a poorly designed baffle stack that is 3X larger.

My favorite .22 to shoot is my Henry Frontier Threaded. I originally was going to thread a Golden Boy until I saw this. It allows you to reload without removing the can each time. With subs it's about as loud as a BB gun!

I also suppress a Mark IV Lite and Kel Tec CP33 as well. Both are excellent hosts.

IMG_20200315_172655.jpg

Edit: CP33/Mark IV for reference!

. IMG_20200422_164003.jpg

Last Edited:
My favorite .22 to shoot is my Henry Frontier Threaded. I originally was going to thread a Golden Boy until I saw this. It allows you to reload without removing the can each time. With subs it's about as loud as a BB gun!

I also suppress a Mark IV Lite and Kel Tec CP33 as well. Both are excellent hosts.

View attachment 695299
LOL! I mentioned that one, earlier.
Have you ever tried CCI .22 Suppressor loads through it?
...or maybe .22 Quiet rounds?
I bet you don't hear anything except the hammer strike with those. :s0155:

Dean

Ive got buttloads of silencers , hosts etc. Some are top performers on top performing hosts. My hearing absolutely sucks. Like so bad that when I do those hearing tests in the booth sort of thing I randomly push the button because I NEVER hear anything.

NONE of the guns I have ever fired with a silencer were so quiet you could only hear the hammer. The sound of a subsonic pellet gun is the best way I could put it. Ive heard lots of people say you can only hear the hammer falling stuff but I'm like come on...what about the rest of the sound it made...

I would say my suppressed 1903 hammerless is probably my quietest, that or the 1908 running through the omega 9k. It may just be the tone, but I think the .32 is quieter suppressed than my .22s. It sounds like a deeper, quieter pneumatic staple gun. Not loud, but definitely not just fall of the hammer. I would love to try a suppressed .32 rifle with a locking breach.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top