JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
....even with "quiet" or "suppressor" loads, guys?
That was my point. Suppressed gun shooting loads fashioned to be quieter than usual.
Regular standard or high velocity loads, sure you're gonna hear more than just the hammer drop, but that's not what I meant.

Dean

Yeah, you always hear the gas pulse coming out of the silencer. 100% of the time . Even with CCI suppressor loads. The quietest silencer gun combo Ive ever heard , and Ive heard a lot , is my 9" China can but its huge inside with 10 K baffles and a very tight bore and its still got the gas hiss but nowhere near as much as a normal .22 silencer.

If there were ever a quietest silencer competition this would be my entry. I'd say it was a $27 silencer but it took too long to show up from china and I contested the paypal charges, they refunded my money and then 4 weeks later it showed up. So yeah it was free besides the tax stamp.

MKVQIY.jpg

Is it more quiet than a DeLisle?

...remember, that's no .22, but the loud-as-hell .45 ACP he's shooting.

Yes , Significantly. Figure the same size can shooting a .22 instead of a .45 with a much better baffle design. Delisles meter in the 117 dB all the way up to 140 range by modern meters . They used to claim 85 ish dB but old style meters couldnt react fast enough to accurately meter a gun shot. The low side of that range is what a Spectre 2 meters off of a rifle and that huge can with CCI quiet 45 on a 4" barrel AR is MUCH quieter than a spectre 2 on a 16" rifle so yeah. Its quieter than a Delisle. An educated guess based on 30 years of silencer use? 110dB .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top