JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about building another pin and weld upper and am wondering what sort of muzzle devices would work to give the greatest number of suppressor options for down the road? Any thoughts or experiences on this?

@Hueco I think the backend of the can limits your options more than the muzzle device. As long as you choose a can with a hub backend (1.375x24) you can utilize most of the muzzle devices on the market by putting in the corresponding adapter.

My personal preference is the Plan B mounts and adapters as they are light, simple, short and effective. I won't use Q brand though as their tolerances have been hit and miss. So I use either Rearden or Liberty Precision Machine.

Last Edited:
556/223 will always be loud. So I don't think you need to look for the quietest can. You will still want to use ear pro. I would still run a can on 556/223 as it takes the edge off nicely. Also, gas in the face sucks, so you might consider a 30 cal can that will be lower back pressure. Someone mentioned the universal hub/end which is nice for sure. The only can I would avoid right now is the DA Sierra 5. At least until they get the problems worked out. That release has been a mess. Will you be running the can under a hand guard? If so, you would need a mount/can that could be tightened with one hand. I like the Rugged mounts as they have a light one that only costs like 25.00. But the universal hub is a little expensive. And it wont work under a hand guard.

Dead air quickmount has quite a few option. Their adapters fit several cans. The nice thing is lots of companies build muzzle brake and flash hiders that work with that adapter. DA 428 is one of the harder adapters to get but fits several silencerco, dead air YHM.

1.375x24 internally threaded suppressor. Will allow for 60-70% of the current market muzzle devices.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top