JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm excited to get my hands on one of these.

upload_2018-11-13_13-44-10.jpeg

What I find amusing is the fact that of all the calibers, 22lr seems to be the one that disappears during a panik. I think people like the "warm and fuzzy" feeling they get when sitting on 10k+ 22lr rounds. Because frankly .22 is cheap and easy to store. But really, it's a lousy caliber for most things besides little critters and is NOT a good defensive round either. So while you sit and stare at your mountain of .22 and feel all good about yourself, I'll be buying larger calibers that are actually useful for more than popping beer cans. :rolleyes:
There are those that buy for SHTF and whatnot. Train like you fight...

There are those that buy to plink at the range.

What I find amusing is the fact that of all the calibers, 22lr seems to be the one that disappears during a panik. I think people like the "warm and fuzzy" feeling they get when sitting on 10k+ 22lr rounds. Because frankly .22 is cheap and easy to store. But really, it's a lousy caliber for most things besides little critters and is NOT a good defensive round either. So while you sit and stare at your mountain of .22 and feel all good about yourself, I'll be buying larger calibers that are actually useful for more than popping beer cans. :rolleyes:

I find that the 17hmr is about the best varmint round, I like the cheap 22lr, but seldom ever shoot it.
I know that 17hmr will hit what I aim at, 22lr.... maybe :D Although, I like that you can blow thru 500 rds and not cost you 400.00 like some rounds would.

But really, it's a lousy caliber for most things besides little critters and is NOT a good defensive round either. So while you sit and stare at your mountain of .22 and feel all good about yourself, I'll be buying larger calibers that are actually useful for more than popping beer cans. :rolleyes:

Meh, more deer have been iced with .22lr than any other round, and no shortage of BGs either. Not what I normally use for those purposes, but then I don't hang with poachers and prefer those mythical "one-shot stops" on miscreants. For deer in the first period just after SHTF, you'll be glad you have something quiet and plentiful to use. :) I say the first period, because in the later periods the big game will have been depleted. I'll just be hangin at the ol casa enjoying all my pilfered rations. WOLVERINES!!! ;)

But think of the childerns! A pack a starving cub scouts needs like thousands!

Meh, more deer have been iced with .22lr than any other round, and no shortage of BGs either. Not what I normally use for those purposes, but then I don't hang with poachers and prefer those mythical "one-shot stops" on miscreants. For deer in the first period just after SHTF, you'll be glad you have something quiet and plentiful to use. :) I say the first period, because in the later periods the big game will have been depleted. I'll just be hangin at the ol casa enjoying all my pilfered rations. WOLVERINES!!! ;)

I'll come hang with you, and I'll bring some REAL guns and ammo with me. ;)

^. This. Since adulthood, I've never really found anything particularly interesting about the .22LR. The adults in the household shoot a little of it in suppressed platforms for quiet plinking at times. The lil' people are too small to be introduced to shooting yet. And it has been awhile since I've hunted small game, so that isn't really a factor. I was at least mildly surprised about how it became unobtanium there for a while and am glad it is back. So, I can picking up a "brink or two", but not stockpiling by any definition.

^. This. Since adulthood, I've never really found anything particularly interesting about the .22LR. The adults in the household shoot a little of it in suppressed platforms for quiet plinking at times. The lil' people are too small to be introduced to shooting yet. And it has been awhile since I've hunted small game, so that isn't really a factor. I was at least mildly surprised about how it became unobtanium there for a while and am glad it is back. So, I can picking up a "brink or two", but not stockpiling by any definition.

Since I don't own a rimfire gun, I'll let everyone else stockpile it. Although another .17 HMR is calling my name lately!

It really cracks me up how many people think .22lr is such a "cool" little round. I grew up cutting my teeth on .22LR, and wore a bolt action completely out. Now that I'm a big kid it just feels like a toy. With "meh" accuracy. I don't get it. But then again, I don't have to. Just means more glorified airsoft pellets for you all!

It really cracks me up how many people think .22lr is such a "cool" little round. I grew up cutting my teeth on .22LR, and wore a bolt action completely out. Now that I'm a big kid it just feels like a toy. With "meh" accuracy. I don't get it. But then again, I don't have to. Just means more glorified airsoft pellets for you all!

Same Same, as a kid, it was freedom, we had our 22's and took them out varmint huntin, believe it or not this was California and no one cared that two kids were out an about with them. Proper training was all it took, I digress.
A couple weeks ago, my son and his wife as well as a few of us went up target shooting she is new to firearms, her family isn't but they never took time to help her, we do and she has fun. But of course she shoots the 22LR savage bolt action, pew pew pew.
My son last time let her try .357 / w/38sp in it. Now she wants to shoot the .38sp.
And then this time she tried the 7mmMag, and she was smiles ear to ear. Its also hard cause she is a lefty. But she was hitting targets.
I think a 22LR is a nice pew pew pew round. When I picked up a over kill 17 HMR I never looked back. I say over kill, because it has a stainless steel bull barrel, modified trigger and a thumb-hole stock. But it hits what I aim at at quite a distance. :) pew pew pew.

My favorite rounds are .357 40sw and 7.62x39 these seem powerful enough, but also plenty comfortable to shoot a long time.

is 10K enough ??? Asking for a friend :rolleyes:
10K is not enough, think of the children. What will your kids or grandkids shoot when things really go south. Double that at least and put half in long term storage.

Some of my favorite shooting memories were with my Model 60, hiking around the forest miles from civilization.

10K is not enough, think of the children. What will your kids or grandkids shoot when things really go south. Double that at least and put half in long term storage.
Some of my favorite shooting memories were with my Model 60, hiking around the forest miles from civilization.

Yes, ammo is always a good investment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads