JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To be clear, If going for the best accuracy I do sort by headstamp and # of times fired.

Acceptable accuracy means different things to different people and will often require different degrees of attention to detail and processing of the brass.
Im still learning and this is all part of the plan to load for my AR to learn my technique. Im loading for accuracy so if it doesnt work out with including other brass thats ok.
Right now my plan is to focus on one brass type, and then work other brass up to that powder charge. All other things the same, but im still learning what details to put into case prep but last weekend i noticed an improvement in my standard deviation so was happy about that too.

Last Edited:
Im still learning and this is all part of the plan to load for my AR to learn my technique. Im loading for accuracy so if it doesnt work out with including other brass thats ok.
Right now my plan is to focus on one brass type, and then work other brass up to that powder charge. All other things the same, but im still learning what details to put into case prep but last weekend i noticed an improvement in my standard deviation so was happy about that too.
I worked up a decent load with mixed range brass and 77gr SMKs over TAC for my 3-gun AR. 3/4 moa regularly and 1/2 moa on occasion.

Yes, but the "conventional unfounded myth" is MILSPEC 5.56 brass has a bit more wall thickness than .223 and therefore a bit less powder capacity than .223 which could potentially cause higher pressures if you load max-load .223 recipes in MILSPEC 5.56 cases.

The "big" differences are in the barrel chamberings.
There - fixed it.

I worked up a decent load with mixed range brass and 77gr SMKs over TAC for my 3-gun AR. 3/4 moa regularly and 1/2 moa on occasion.
Im not certain yet what accuracy my rifle is capable of, its a budget build with a PSA upper and barrel. So far my loads are getting 2moa but thats from a wobbly portable table since I stopped going to my range to do chronograph work. Once i validate my load i plan to go to the range and see how its does from a true benchrest and sled, i might try prone outdoors as well, maybe I can even set my chrono up right on the ground... Hmmm.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews