JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
it will shoot right back up again by panic buyers once they hear what limits this will impose.and i see no incentive for OSP admin to go back to pre-114 BGC clearance checks.
There will be no rush once SB 348 passes. Unless people start panic buying today, I doubt we will see much of a jump.in purchases.

So, they are using the 3 day wait against us, making it a mandatory requirement instead of it's original intent! What happens after OSP drops the ball and a proceed isn't forthcoming after the 3 day period has passed? I didn't see language in this new bill, so I don't know if they are simply dropping the ball OR if they believe their new requirement satisfies the intent of the law!

We are addressing the wrong audience. We need to help JQ Public understand why preserving their self defense rights in an era of politicians opening borders and jails is healthy. Oregonian won't help. We may be stuck handling out flyers and helping candidates in toss-up areas. An army of loud angry voters is the best way so we need to convince people who are agnostic today that they shouldn't vote away their self defense on a lie that it makes them safer
Unfortunately, if half of the gun community doesn't even seem to care enough about their rights to do anything, will John Q Public pull their heads out of their TikTok long enough to care either?

People today seem like they would rather a tasty lie than the bitter truth, and simple slavery more than difficult freedom. In school they have been taught that communism is good. Media has also been the PR branch of Marxism for years. If people don't know that they have rights, the won't recognize or care when those rights have been trampled on. The left has been using education and entertainment just like they have been using inflation. But instead of robbing physical wealth they have robbed intellectual and constitutional wealth... And now many people are too ignorant to know what is happening to them.

We are reaping the results of our decades of inaction and complacency by letting TV and schools raise our children. It would have been much easier to stop this or change minds years ago. But like an addict, the longer the addiction the harder the detox. Fixing this is not going to be fun, simple, or pretty. We are going to have to realize we will need to deal with a lot of puke while pulling America out of its addiction to Marxism.

There was a rally in front of the capitol last fall. A major part of that was fighting M114. Members here refused to go because there would be politicians speaking on topics other than 2A. The lack of involvement in local politics is why we're where we are today. Lack of participation is permission for people to do as they like. We have pictures of naked men in bed together available to 3rd graders in school, yet some refuse to vote in school board elections or sign recall petitions.

Ther expressions "all politics are local" and "if you don't do politics, politics will do you" were never more applicable than they are today.

So, they are using the 3 day wait against us, making it a mandatory requirement instead of it's original intent! What happens after OSP drops the ball and a proceed isn't forthcoming after the 3 day period has passed? I didn't see language in this new bill, so I don't know if they are simply dropping the ball OR if they believe their new requirement satisfies the intent of the law!
They are requiring a three day wait after approval from OSP. There will be no releases allowed until approval is received.

The left invaded our schools
Unfortunately, if half of the gun community doesn't even seem to care enough about their rights to do anything, will John Q Public pull their heads out of their TikTok long enough to care either?

People today seem like they would rather a tasty lie than the bitter truth, and simple slavery more than difficult freedom. In school they have been taught that communism is good. Media has also been the PR branch of Marxism for years. If people don't know that they have rights, the won't recognize or care when those rights have been trampled on. The left has been using education and entertainment just like they have been using inflation. But instead of robbing physical wealth they have robbed intellectual and constitutional wealth... And now many people are too ignorant to know what is happening to them.

We are reaping the results of our decades of inaction and complacency by letting TV and schools raise our children. It would have been much easier to stop this or change minds years ago. But like an addict, the longer the addiction the harder the detox. Fixing this is not going to be fun, simple, or pretty. We are going to have to realize we will need to deal with a lot of puke while pulling America out of its addiction to Marxism.
Yes, I agree. 2 generations of continual dumbing down has left a mark. But they still know what rights are because they freak out when someone talks about restricting abortions or elementary schools lecturing children on gender issues. Harness that energy

Sorry, but just gotta say how depressing it is to consider the term "dropped" from a legal sense and then realize its use in the title...

Can somebody post links where to send written discontent with this legislation?

Sorry, but just gotta say how depressing it is to consider the term "dropped" from a legal sense and then realize its use in the title...

Can somebody post links where to send written discontent with this legislation?
Send gun restriction discontent here:

[email protected]

Post discontent over language evolution here:

It came out of the Senate Judiciary Committee: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2023R1/Committees/SJUD/Overview

It's been referred to Ways and Means, but so far, it isn't on their agenda.

I don't believe there is much we can do except petition for removal of the three day hold and Marion county judicial BS until July next year, after the lawsuits get settled. Kim Thatcher did issue a Minority Report, but the dems will simply use it as toilet paper. Lawsuits are our only recourse and they take money. My first choice to to keep Oregon Firearms Federation alive but the others involved in the lawsuits are good candidates for contributions as well.

It doesn't hurt to send Senators Linthicum and Thatcher thank you emails to let them know you appreciate their hard work protecting our rights. Not just 2A, but in all conservative areas. David Brock Smith has also been working hard for us.

FYI, Senator Linthicum is scheduled to be at the Oregon Cotizens Lobby War Room at 9 this morning. It's held at the Ike Box in downtown Salem. The weekly meetings run from 8 until 3 on Thursdays. People come and go during the day.

Between SB 348 and HB 2005a every one of us will be considered a felon by 2024. And the only reason is because someone in Salem says it's so. Not because we broke any laws, but because they made up new ones for us to break by simply exercising our rights, or daring to do so within the borders of this state. Both bills require us to prove our innocence without any method of doing so. So much for the rule of law and the presumption of innocence.

Happy Friday. Info from OFF:
As expected, the clearly unconstitutional HB 2005, with the -11 amendment passed out of the Ways and Means Committee today on a party line vote.
The bill will also effectively turn all AR-15 rifles into contraband. There are no exceptions for previously owned rifles or law enforcement.
:
Under this definition, previously unregulated uppers will be required to have serial numbers.

I've said it before and I'll keep beating the drum, they are purposely trying to bankrupt local 2A advocacy groups. It'll take lawyers and money to defend our rights. The current TRO from Judge Raschio will probably dissolve since the permit system won't go into effect until July next year. They are still trying to figure out if the mag ban can go into effect. In any case, the state really doesn't care about constitutionality and we'll need to sue them to restore constitutional protections.

I really wish there was a law to ban any legislator from serving in any capacity for life if they knowingly try to pass an unconstitutional law. These democrats running Oregon are both tyrannical and stupid, which is the worst combination imaginable.

Aside from gun legislation, the free for all of homelessness and open air drug markets in Portland have turned it from a once nice city to a magnet drawing every drug addict across the USA into Portland. Portland is now a destination for homeless drug users as other cities bus them here to get rid of them. Then they tax the locals to house and feed the entire nations homeless population as they relocate to Portland.

Ultimately it means us locals are all going to have to take our businesses/families and move to red states. The future for Oregon is very grim indeed.

I really wish there was a law to ban any legislator from serving in any capacity for life if they knowingly try to pass an unconstitutional law. These democrats running Oregon are both tyrannical and stupid, which is the worst combination imaginable.

Aside from gun legislation, the free for all of homelessness and open air drug markets in Portland have turned it from a once nice city to a magnet drawing every drug addict across the USA into Portland. Portland is now a destination for homeless drug users as other cities bus them here to get rid of them. Then they tax the locals to house and feed the entire nations homeless population as they relocate to Portland.

Ultimately it means us locals are all going to have to take our businesses/families and move to red states. The future for Oregon is very grim indeed.
Our "homeless problem" is only a problem because it's encouraged. Now we (the taxpayers) get to pay for it.

Last Edited:
The 3 day wait is AFTER OSP approval. The have 30 minutes after submission to give you an approved or delayed answer.

The 3 day wait is AFTER OSP approval. The have 30 minutes after submission to give you an approved or delayed answer.
thats how i read that as well. if they cant approve in 30 minutes they are supposed to give an estimate on the time to approve or deny at that time..

I don't know about actively bussing them, but legalized drugs makes it a pretty good incentive. Funny how they don't mention the drug thing...

The main reason we're number one is because we allow it, encourage it. Garbage fish/cheese-wrapper newspapers like the snoregonian know this, and if they would still allow comments on their website, they'd receive comments supporting this in spades!

The main reason we're number one is because we allow it, encourage it. Garbage fish/cheese-wrapper newspapers like the snoregonian know this, and if they would still allow comments on their website, they'd receive comments supporting this in spades!
Just to be clear: OR is an amazing state. The only complaint I have is with the state government.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads