JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You do you. Just be aware that the people listed in the bill for who can serialize the "unfinished " frames or receivers also has to keep records and contact OSP. There's also a section that says cannot "import" unfinished frame or receiver unless it's to a FFL to transfer with serial numbers and records

Edit only two sections (4 and 5) takes effect Sept 1st 2024. The rest are now in effect. Edit. I was looking at the Engrossed and not the Enrolled one.
I will figure out how to attach a legally serialized frame or receiver to my homebuilds, whether it's necessary for the firearm to function or not.

I guess I skipped over that part. But the funny part is federal law dose not prohibit you from making your own gun and not serializing it. https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/homemade-guns-are-they-legal-must-they-be-registered.
Correct, however I believe that prior case law and SCOTUS and District Courts have all judged/decided that States can impose stricter gun control laws than what Federal laws have.. which is why specific States' AWBs and registration of guns have not yet been overturned.

Edit. States and Federal Districts cannot outright prohibit whole classes of firearms if in common use, but can restrict/require registration.. and apparently can prohibit/regulate cosmetic features but not "an entire class of firearms" :rolleyes: (they say they aren't banning "semiautomatic rifles, as long as they don't have these cosmetic features" :rolleyes: )

Its when States tries to be less restrictive (see Montana's Firearms Freedom Act 2008 and all similar State Laws since then), that the Feds get their panties in a bunch and go after these States, using Federal Supremacy Clause, Interstate Commerce and the NFA/GCA laws to prevent States from allowing their residents relief from having to follow Federal firearms laws

Last Edited:
Which parts are those? That BS about "ghost guns"? Sorry, short-term memory and all that.
"A person may not knowingly manufacture, or cause to be manufactured in this State, import into this State, offer to sell, or transfer an ""undetectable"" firearm" (Section 3). Sections 1-2 seems to be mainly amending/adding definitions to the ORS;

Other sections amends and redefines stuff in ORS and punishments

Edit. Sections 4 and 5 deals with "unfinished" frames and receivers made after Oct 22, 1968, and will take effect Sept 1st 2024 as far as I can tell

"A person may not knowingly manufacture, or cause to be manufactured in this State, import into this State, offer to sell, or transfer an ""undetectable"" firearm" (Section 3). Sections 1-2 seems to be mainly amending/adding definitions to the ORS;

Other sections amends and redefines stuff in ORS and punishments

Edit. Sections 4 and 5 deals with "unfinished" frames and receivers made after Oct 22, 1968, and will take effect Sept 1st 2024 as far as I can tell
That's my take on it as well.

HB2005 does prohibit building your own firearms, correct? Am I missing any exemptions that allow for home built firearms, even if a serial number is added as part of the process?

At first read I thought they allowed the common man to make a firearm if it was going to be serialized as part of the manufacturing process. Exemption part (B) below:

(B) The unfinished frame or receiver is an unfinished part within a manufacturing proc-
ess that includes serialization.

After a second read, I see that exemption only applies to licensed manufactures, I missed the "and" part at first read. Exemption part (A) below:

(A) The person is a federally licensed gun manufacturer; and

What is the status of the court challenge against HB 2005? Who are the Plaintiffs?
Call each and every one of the Republican representatives and ask them the status. They're the ones holding the big check for $25k on the capitol steps. Would be a good idea to ask them when you attend their town halls during the campaign season. Ask them why we should vote for them when they refuse to answer their constituents questions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top