JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm open to ideas but not sure where to start. Every gun show, I'm talking to hundreds of people, handing out 200 to 300 status updates, and signing up anywhere from 50 to 75 people for OFF alerts. I'm pushing everyone to get involved and to call and write their legislators, and to submit testimony or testify in person. I post on the ONRI, Stop 114, GGWG, and other facebook pages. I've been going to gun and pawn shops with the update flyers as well to try to get people to engage with their representatives and testify on these bills.

Where else can we go to get people organized? I already go to the Oregon Citizens Lobby War Room every Thursday and to the KLSM meetings on Monday evenings. The reality is that, it's always the same small group of people. We did get over 900 people to submit testimony on SB348, but that was over many different platforms.

TBH, it's pretty late at this point. House and senate hearings are pretty much over. My democrat senator pushed me off over and over again when trying to get in to talk to her. Can get in tomorrow after everything is out of committee and ammendments are done, so that side of the aisle has pretty much told us to pi$$ off.
I've written my reps and I get the same BS from them each time..... whcih can be summed up to "I dont care, i'm gonna do this because it results in this" and it's nothing but a lie.

Problem is the sane gun owners are quiet and to me seem like they just love bending over backwards and the ones that would show up just don't make for great PR. I hope that gun owners would get organized and show up in a professional manner and not show up with their guns and in their military cosplay. ...
The only people that I saw openly carrying at the rallies were security.

We need more rallies at the capital, push back against K8s mandate banning our rallies on the Capital grounds, if enough of us show up, OSP can't touch us, especially with the Sheriff's and City Cops aware of us being there!
The capitol steps have been fenced off for seismic upgrades for quite some time. There have been at least three rallies at the Capitol park with very little participation by forum members. Lots of excuses, but little participation.

Huh? Summary of SB393:
They will gut this bill and and stuff it with gun legislation just like they did with SB 348. Their tactic is to take unrelated bills approved for the Senate floor, gut them and stuff them with crazy stuff at the last minute so that little scrutiny and debate can be made before shoving them through. Prozansski is infamous for doing this crap.

We didn't have a problem when Raiden hosted it! o_O
Perhaps we need to get Radian involved again, along with other Oregon manufacturing, shops and ranges. The problem is we are our own worst enemy. People would rather gripe about OFF than work with them to protect or rights. Hunters would rather gripe about 2A or self defense guys than stand beside them at a rally. Tactical guys are getting tired of condensation from bolt action guys. Ranges seem to be bending over to kiss the aft quarters of the AFT... Meanwhile the antis are loving it as we bicker amongst ourselves. It's like we are all so macho and eager to punch our man cards that we would rather get into a junk measuring contest with each other, than stand together against the real enemy of our rights and freedoms.

Last Edited:
i donated to GOA and FPC and wrote my reps today again.
We need to educate, we need to start media campaigns by the industry funding the movement to EDUCATE the public on the false facts and idocracy they are continuing to use as propaganda.
They, the fascist left, are more organized and funded pushing this down our throats.
Remember, the average American doesnt understand all this. All they hear is "guns scary".... This Oregon, my neighborhood is full of Indian engineers are Intel. These people don't own guns and don't udnerstand our constitution. They just hear guns are bad and soooooo go vote against your best interest.
Only way we win these lawsuits is to work together. I've donated to OFF, I'll donate to GOA and FPC regularly as they continue to fight for our rights. And as @Rkangel said we need the industry to step in. And we need to work with our local gun conpanies here and across the river in WA to work together. We are their consumers and this is bad for all of us and bad for business. Support them, and hope they support us.

Uhm.... you guys know that today was the last day to take any action in the legislature don't you? There are exceptions for some committees, but the chance to speak up has passed. I just left there, the staff in the capitol is celebrating right now.

Walkouts to deny a quorum and lawsuits are our only options at this point.

I mean I don't understand what they hope to achieve here. M114 is tied in court , so isnt' this just going to get another lawsuit and stop it immediately? Also why do we need lawsuits for bubblegum that is uncostitutional to begin with ???? Why isn't the Supreme Court sending in US Marshals and arrestign these poltiicians if they don't step down for abusing their oath of office ?

Uhm.... you guys know that today was the last day to take any action in the legislature don't you? There are exceptions for some committees, but the chance to speak up has passed. I just left there, the staff in the capitol is celebrating right now.

Walkouts to deny a quorum and lawsuits are our only options at this point.

Won't these bills have to go across from the senate to the house, and vice versa, to still be heard?

Why isn't the Supreme Court sending in US Marshals and arrestign these poltiicians if they don't step down for abusing their oath of office ?
Supreme Court doesn't do that. Only the US Attorney General can do that and who is that right now..... Merrick Garland :mad: the same guy who's been taking a beating from Congress subcommittees in hearings over the weaponization of executive agencies against political rivals/opponents and who continually denies and stonewalls them....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top