JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea, the "new" prices are just insane. I always buy an Orygun and washington fishing licence so I can fish both states. when Wa raised its fee to "out of state" prices instead of resident prices I just about flipped. then Ol' Orygun started adding in fees and charges and special permits on top of the price they charge, its stupid what I have to pay to fish now days! Add in gas for the boat and truck, ramp fees and such, and this gets to be a very expensive hobby!

Yea, the "new" prices are just insane. I always buy an Orygun and washington fishing licence so I can fish both states. when Wa raised its fee to "out of state" prices instead of resident prices I just about flipped. then Ol' Orygun started adding in fees and charges and special permits on top of the price they charge, its stupid what I have to pay to fish now days! Add in gas for the boat and truck, ramp fees and such, and this gets to be a very expensive hobby!

Yes, it's been pointed out to me repeatedly how much store bought meat and fish I could purchase with the price of the yearly fees, my gear and transportation costs.

I like and need the reason to get out into nature so I guess that's what I'm paying for every year.

Kalifornia is the same for hog hunting! Charge ya an arm and a leg to hunt the pests! Out of state licence, fees, and permits! I found out the hard way, don't ever run out of blamo and have to try and buy more down there!

I was sticker shocked as well. I normally will buy the Sportpac which allows me to kill and eat most anything in Oregon. When I first started buying it, the cost was around $80. It's more than doubled.

From now on I will not buy the Sportpac. I will no longer hunt Oregon.

Moreover, I will wait until the day before I want to go fishing to buy that license. And I will no longer buy the salmon tag. Trout only.... unless I plan on going to the coast then I will buy the shellfish.

ODFW is losing money and so increase the licensing to produce more $$ instead of making it easier for the the sportsman to bag fish/foul/meat which would increase the participation. F them!!

They now get way WAY less $$ from me... and then instead of getting it the first week of Jan, they will get it sometime after trout season opens..... if I even fish Oregon this year.

ODFW is losing money and so increase the licensing to produce more $$ instead of making it easier for the the sportsman to bag fish/foul/meat which would increase the participation.

Have you heard what they've done now? As of today you can pay $21.00 for a "Second rod endorsement" and fish the Willamette for salmon/steelhead with two rods !

Have you heard what they've done now? As of today you can pay $21.00 for a "Second rod endorsement" and fish the Willamette for salmon/steelhead with two rods !

The Garbage Hole is going to provide a whole new level of entertainment while watching from the park.

Does that fee cover the standard two rod license as well or is this in addition to it?

EDIT: You may have misread that. I don't see anything new about the two rod endorsement that is specifically for the basin.
<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
two rods in moving water? hahahahaha!!!!! when you normally have to bring your own rock to stand upon, having a second rod in the water is going to be hilarious to watch. I can't even imagine.

We must be talking about different methods and locations. I've fished with guys with the 2 rod endorsement, but that was in a boat. As far as fast water, I haven't fished the rivers near the Columbia but have done some bank fishing farther up on the Deschutes (below Wickiup) and on the Santiam. For the locations that I've seen, don't see why you couldn't use two rods. Also, I haven't fished it, but have pulled into one of the parks on the upper the Deschutes off of I84 and that looked interesting.

I'm heading to BiMart right now to buy one.
Now if they would only rescind the barb less hook requirement, I could fill the boat with Springers.

Two rods, one half drunk redneck in a boat he has no clue how to run? what could be more fun to watch then that? In the middle of the Garbage hole? friggin awesome! Mouth of the Klama, absolute mayhem with a tug and barge commin down on ya!!! I have seen guys use throw down rods for years, but have never had the need or desire to go that way, besides, I would likely get tangled in my second rod while fighting a fish! When there are two or more of us in the boat, all with a rod in the water, when ever some one hooks into a fish, every one else reels in as fast as they can! If I had two rods in , imagine trying to fight a fish one handed, while reeling in all my gear with my free hand,while also pulling that rod out of its holder and stowing it out of the way! I just don't see it working out so well. I don't think you can use two rods on the Columbia and didn't know it was even "legal" for Salmon/Steelhead! I thought i was only lake fishing and only for Trout and such!

When trolling, you only have 15-18 feet of line out, so reeling one up in a small boat like mine wouldn't be that much of a struggle.
Well worth the effort, especially when you can have two different colored flashers running.

I'm heading to BiMart right now to buy one.
Now if they would only rescind the barb less hook requirement, I could fill the boat with Springers.

Barb less hooks, yea right, like I give a (*&^%^$ about barb less hooks. When they stop letting the gill netters in all the time, when they quit flushing the rivers on the few days we get after the nets have been in, when they stop charging an arm and leg plus your first born and a testicle, then I will worry about barb less hooks. Its hard enough for the average sportsman to get into one fish only to loose it because we can no longer use barbs!!! O well, hook into one and run up the bank and drag um in, or fire up the motor and drag them up stream!!!! Now thats real sportsman like!!!!

When trolling, you only have 15-18 feet of line out, so reeling one up in a small boat like mine wouldn't be that much of a struggle.
Well worth the effort, especially when you can have two different colored flashers running.
Wouldn't work for me, I usually have at least 15 feet out or more. big or small boat makes no difference for me! If I am anchored up, I am on the bottom and thats at least 25 feet or more. For plunkin on the beach, I may have 50 to 80 feet out of 65 lb braided line, thats ugly when it gets tangled!

Does that fee cover the standard two rod license as well or is this in addition to it?

EDIT: You may have misread that. I don't see anything new about the two rod endorsement that is specifically for the basin.
<broken link removed>

Was an the Willamette today and saw two guys in one boat with four rods and another guy alone running two. Hmmph, if a person fishing TWO rods catches nothing does he not catch, twice as much?

I'll be waiting to see some guide boat with twelve rods out!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top