JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like I've said elsewhere folks. If you don't like the prices (or the politics behind it) just don't buy the tags or licenses. A one year moratorium on hunting and fishing by sportsmen will turn heads in Olympia and Salem. But then that will never happen. We'll just p@#s & moan and then pay the money. I quit fishing years ago unless I am in my native Montana. Ditto with hunting. I don't even do the token "free days".

Finally got in and picked up my license today. Several Pioneers came in and were told they had to pay $6. for their previously free license. When asked why the OFW clerk said the Federal Government has a tax on all fishing gear and licenses. Been that way for decades. The State has been paying the Federal Gov over $300,000 dollars a year in tax money and is trying to recover what it has to pay. Anyone hear of this before?

Finally got in and picked up my license today. Several Pioneers came in and were told they had to pay $6. for their previously free license. When asked why the OFW clerk said the Federal Government has a tax on all fishing gear and licenses. Been that way for decades. The State has been paying the Federal Gov over $300,000 dollars a year in tax money and is trying to recover what it has to pay. Anyone hear of this before?

Normal thievery We live long enough and pay enough that the Btards can't even give us old fRts a break. May they all get the pox :/\/\/\/\/\:)
No had never heard that before. I just call it cheap. and say they lied to us. Waited a long time for that free license. Got it for a few years and now told we have to pay agsin..... Well better stop here before I say something to fry the circuits.

Since 2006. If you google "Tax on fishing equipment" ALL kind of links come up.

I'm not old enough to get the pioneer license, yet, but I wouldn't complain about six bucks if I had been getting it for free. I was a little blown away that this year that it set the wife and I back $183.00 for the two of us. License, salmon tag, shellfish permit. Seems a little exorbitant.

It will get to the point that hunting and fishing will be past times of the rich and famous. Environmental whack jobs will take over public lands, and the rich folks will all be leasing private lands.

Get my license through "Resident Disabled Veterans License". Do have to pay the $26.50 combined. No complaints here. Oregon is very generous to it's veterans compare to the majority of the other States.
I don't quite understand what you mean by "do have to pay $26.50 combined.

I got my disabled vet hunting/fishing c combined license and they have never charged me any fee.

Don't forget the extra $9.75 for the Columbia River Basin Endorsement if you plan on fishing the Columbia/Willamette for salmon/steelhead.

I should have added the word, "Angling". I get the Combined Fishing and Hunting for free, but to fish Salmon/Steelhead I have had to pay the Combined Angling license fee. $35. No complaints.
Oh, OK, vets do have to buy a salmon tag. I have asked the legislature to wave that requirement. Co n tact your state rep or senator.

I'll give it up for a year if I knew that more people would get on the band wagon!!!
God it would be hard but this Caveman is kinda outspoken at times but he can do it!!!;)

After many years of purchasing sports pacs and 5 controlled hunt applications each for the wife and I, This year and maybe next year as well they will get zero dollars from us.

OSMB also not getting our money.

I ďont see how something that is "FREE"
COULD HAVE A TAX on it? Tax on the price of $0.00 is $0.00???,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews