JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Washington's no better

FISHING & SHELLFISH
License Types
Resident
(Aged 16-69)
Non-Resident Resident Senior
(Aged 70+)
Youth
(Aged 15)
Resident
Disabled*
Non-Resident
Disabled Veteran*

Annual Freshwater $29.50 $84.50 $7.50 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo
Annual Saltwater $30.05 $59.75 $8.05 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo
Annual Shellfish/Seaweed $17.40 $36.10 $7.50 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $35.00
Annual Combo Fishing/Shellfish $55.35 $124.65 ---- $8.05 $11.35 $55.35
1-Day FW/SW/Shellfish $11.35 $20.15 $11.35 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $20.15
1-Day FW/SW/Shellfish - Active Duty Military ---- $11.35 ---- ---- ---- ---
2-Day FW/SW/Shellfish $15.75 $28.95 $15.75 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $28.95
2-Day FW/SW/Shellfish - Active Duty Military ---- $15.75 ---- ---- ---- ---
3-Day FW/SW/Shellfish $19.05 $35.55 $19.05 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $35.55
3-Day FW/SW/Shellfish - Active Duty Military ---- $19.05 ---- ---- ---- ---
Annual Razor Clam $14.10 $21.80 $14.10 Must Purchase Combo Must Purchase Combo $21.80
3-day Razor Clam $9.70 $9.70 $9.70 $9.70 $9.70 $9.70
Catch Record Cards 1st card free, additional cards $12.60/each
Non Reporting Crab Admin Penalty $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00 $10.00
Two-pole Endorsement $14.80 $14.80 $6.00 $14.80 $14.80 $14.80
Columbia River Salmon/Steelhead Endorsement $8.75 $8.75 $7.10 $7.10 $8.75 $8.75
Puget Sound Crab Endorsement $8.75 $8.75 $8.75 $8.75 $8.75 $8.75
Puget Sound Crab Endorsement on I-3 Day Temp. $3.80 $3.80 $3.80 ---- ---- $3.80

I know, every year two things happen when buying a fishing license,
1) the price has escilated
2) we have less opportunity to fish for less amounts of fish.
That right there is etched into WDFW stone!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know, every year two things happen when buying a fishing license,
1) the price has escilated
2) we have less opportunity to fish for less amounts of fish.
That right there is etched into WDFW stone!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It's not only the WDFW, it's also NOAA and the supposed fishermen of the Wild Fish Conservancy that are trying to take opportunities away from us. http://www.king5.com/story/tech/sci...es-alternatives-hatchery-management/75688098/

The only group fighting for us is the Coastal Conservation Association .
CCA said:
We continue to make significant strides in our priority areas of focus. Listed here are some key accomplishments and notable milestones from this past year.

Prioritizing Recreational Fisheries
  • Working with a group of local CCA members and CCA staff, legislators from Southwest Washington introduced HB 1660 and SB 5844 to prioritize recreational fisheries in Washington State. It was the first time a bill to prioritize recreational fishing was heard before a legislative committee.
  • Increased sockeye salmon angling opportunities on both the Skagit River and Baker Lake.
  • Highlighted the license revenue discrepancy between recreational and commercial fisheries as WDFW sought (unsuccessfully) a recreational license fee increase.
  • Governor Inslee sent a letter to the Fish & Wildlife Commission affirming the value of recreational fishing. The Governor's Vision Letter Prioritizing Recreational Fishing supports the Commission's role in adopting management policies and affirms the Commission's recent budget policy focus on economics and license revenue.
Eliminating the Usage of Non-Selective Gillnets
  • The Oregon Court of Appeals, with CCA as an intervener, cleared the way for ODFW to continue implementing the bi-state plan to remove non-tribal gillnets from the mainstem of the Columbia River, providing a decisive step forward in a long-running battle.
  • The Commission adopted a new Management Policy to improve the conservation of Willapa Bay salmon. These fishery reforms include long overdue restrictions on non-selective gillnet fisheries and the prioritization of key recreational fisheries.
  • Blocked a last minute legislative "budget rider" amendment seeking to reverse the Willapa Bay policy and working to defend against gillnetter lawsuits challenging Willapa Bay reforms.
Advocating for Responsible Hatchery Practices
  • Worked with Congressional delegation to secure funds for NOAA fisheries to consider and approve numerous hatchery genetic management plans around the state.
  • Key in Capital Budget negotiations that ultimately included over $36 million in funding for our state fish hatcheries.
  • Submitted comments to NOAA fisheries supporting winter steelhead hatchery production in several Puget Sound area rivers.
  • Instrumental in securing continued legislative funding for construction of the Deschutes River Hatchery project in Tumwater.
Please click here to read more details on the above referenced accomplishments.

I fear that many fishermen are as uninformed/complacent/willfully ignorant as many gun owners. I have hope that both groups will finally wake up, band together and stand for their rights.

Ray

It's not only the WDFW, it's also NOAA and the supposed fishermen of the Wild Fish Conservancy that are trying to take opportunities away from us. http://www.king5.com/story/tech/sci...es-alternatives-hatchery-management/75688098/

The only group fighting for us is the Coastal Conservation Association .

I fear that many fishermen are as uninformed/complacent/willfully ignorant as many gun owners. I have hope that both groups will finally wake up, band together and stand for their rights.

Ray

you mean like not buy any licenses for a year. that would be putting your money where your vote is.

you mean like not buy any licenses for a year. that would be putting your money where your vote is.

And donating the money that would have been spent on the licenses to support those fighting for our rights. The state would not only lose the money from the licenses, they would also lose tax revenue on all of the money that people wouldn't spend on fishing or hunting.

It's a nice dream and I wish we could do so, but it will never gain enough support to hurt the state. We aren't organized enough and even if we were, you'd be hard pressed to get people to give up fishing and hunting for a year.

I could also see the progressive liberals trying use it as a way to shut down all fishing and hunting in the PNW forever........... Sorry, I didn't realize I was still wearing my special hat:s0156:

Ray

I agree Ray, complacency is as evil as ignorance.
Most don't know that THEY are a big reason that politicians have their subjects (rate and taxpayers) by the short hairs.

Organization is the key but many bubblegum about them all due to their shortcomings and that is all it takes to derail others from edging support.:mad::mad::mad:

I agree Ray, complacency is as evil as ignorance.
Most don't know that THEY are a big reason that politicians have their subjects (rate and taxpayers) by the short hairs.

Organization is the key but many bubblegum about them all due to their shortcomings and that is all it takes to derail others from edging support.:mad::mad::mad:

Amen.

No organization will be perfect and not every member will agree with the way things are handled, but as a collective, our voice will be better heard and we can make things better for all members.

Our enemies are well organized and if we want to improve our sport/hobby/way of life we need to be also.

Ray

Wifey and I went and bent over for the state yesterday.....Geezus! That was painful! $183.50 for the two of us to:
1. Fish
2. Fish for salmon and steelhead. Can't keep sturgeon. Don't go in the ocean so no halibut.
3. Clamming, 1-3 times most likely.
I don't take my boat in the salt so if we want crab we have to pay at the store, though I have a price limit and will not buy crab at a crazy price because the crabbers can do better shipping it all to Japan and back East!

Wifey and I went and bent over for the state yesterday.....Geezus! That was painful! $183.50 for the two of us to:
1. Fish
2. Fish for salmon and steelhead. Can't keep sturgeon. Don't go in the ocean so no halibut.
I don't take my boat in the salt so if we want crab we have to pay at the store, though I have a price limit and will not buy crab at a crazy price because the crabbers can do better shipping it all to Japan and back East!

sturgeon is open above the Bon. dam for retension

Then they require you pay the additional extortion fee for the "Columbia River Basin Endorsement".

Ray

Ooooh....Forgot about that one. That's the one that pays for the new nets, for the gill netters, so they don't have to gill net anymore, but they say you can't make the purse seines work well enough in the Columbia, so they will just need to keep using gill nets. Oh I could keep going.....

Ever notice that the Columbia River dams hold back water when the salmon season is open to the public and right before the gill net season opens the dams are turned wide to bring the fish up the river.

Last Edited:
1. Fish

Don't really care that much for sturgeon anyway. TOO much work to get to the table!

Call me lazy!

don't take this the wrong way but why complain about it, that's kind of like complaining about the cost of a seat at a hildabeast for prez dinner. (at least I hope):confused:

Don't really care that much for sturgeon anyway. TOO much work to get to the table!

Call me lazy!

don't take this the wrong way but why complain about it, that's kind of like complaining about the cost of a seat at a hildabeast for prez dinner. (at least I hope):confused:

:eek: No it isn't, not one bit! There's nothing inside me that drives me to have anything to do with the fundraising of wealthy politicians! Now, getting up at 3:00 am, driving for an hour and a half, sitting in the freezing cold with a bunch of other people all around me....That right there is LIVING man!! o_Oo_O

Not to mention the switch to barbless hooks and other crap! Then they flush the rivers between gill net days so we have as little a chance of catching any thing! We are also forced to pay for "special blend" fuel that doesn't have ethanol in it so we don't f up our kickers, even though the EPA banned ethanol fuels! Oregon still insists on running this crap during the winter! I gotta go and rebuild my carb and clean out all the gunk this stuff causes! Yea, good 'OL Orygun sure is a fine place to call home!

Yea, a good long sloppy wet kiss might help!

:eek: No it isn't, not one bit! There's nothing inside me that drives me to have anything to do with the fundraising of wealthy politicians! Now, getting up at 3:00 am, driving for an hour and a half, sitting in the freezing cold with a bunch of other people all around me....That right there is LIVING man!! o_Oo_O

Guess you misunderstood me. If you don't care for sturgeon then why complain about sturgeon fishing.

Guess you misunderstood me. If you don't care for sturgeon then why complain about sturgeon fishing.

I just complain about everything! :D Back in the day (Of three sturgeon per year) I didn't figure I should be paying for a sturgeon tag, as I hadn't fished for them for years. (I'm cheap OKAY?) Same thing goes for halibut....I believe it ought to be a separate tag for halibut. Let the people that have the big money to run those ocean boats pay another $5.00-$15.00/year for the privilege. Butt-hey, I may be all screwy, I believe bridges ought to be built with money from the people that use them.

Yeah, I was wondering how I was going to get the extra funds for a license and tag applications this year. Surprise! Dad got me a gift cert for them. What a relief, I didn't want to take out a second mortgage for those.

Grow old and get it for free :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads