JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For every big box store that stops selling guns the business just goes to another shop. The people buying guns are not going to just not buy if Fred's stops selling them. When the big box stores like Wally started showing up MANY gun people where trying to get everyone to not buy from them since they were hurting the little guys. Now the "little guys" will get the business back. So how is this going to lead to new laws???
As for ammo many are too young to remember that none of us could order ammo not that long ago. One of the few gun laws that ever went away. I was shocked when they let us common folk start buying it this way. States that now do away with ordering ammo again have nothing to do with gun owners not wanting to shop at Wally or Fred's. Those laws, like all gun laws, are squarely in the lap of gun owners who vote into office anti gun leftist. The constant "we need to compromise with common sense gun laws" garbage.
And all the prices will go up making it more difficult for lower income people to participate in the shooting sports. Another GREAT idea.

And all the prices will go up making it more difficult for lower income people to participate in the shooting sports. Another GREAT idea.

Any loss here of one or more of the mentiond retailers will not contribute much of any thing to price and/or availability of ammo, other then Bimart, the others have so little sales as to even mention them, let alone as ligitmate dealers, and now we know their anti gun stance, they matter even less! The roof is on fire, let the effers burn!

I just don't see this with guns. How many are the "poor" buying? This is not like grocery's, something bought weekly. A great example was one poster here worried that BiMart would quit and no more 10/22's for less than $200. When I checked a very quick look in the Portland area he was right. I could find a base model there for $235. So the "poor" are not going to be able to buy a 10/22? If the poor want a hand gun the Skyy line seems great. Seem to run around $200 or so. So if the poor have to pay $25 more this is the end of the world? Sorry brother but I see this as a big nothing compared to the rest of what we have going on. Gun owners are bound and determined to give away their gun rights. This will happen long before the "poor" can't afford a gun because the price went up $25 for one. If Wally and Fred's stop selling guns the gun companies are not going out of business. All those guns are still going to be sold. More shops will compete for the business all those gun buyers have. With gun owners working full time to have their rights taken away being worried about Wally no longer selling guns will mean nothing.

I just don't see this with guns. How many are the "poor" buying? This is not like grocery's, something bought weekly. A great example was one poster here worried that BiMart would quit and no more 10/22's for less than $200. When I checked a very quick look in the Portland area he was right. I could find a base model there for $235. So the "poor" are not going to be able to buy a 10/22? If the poor want a hand gun the Skyy line seems great. Seem to run around $200 or so. So if the poor have to pay $25 more this is the end of the world? Sorry brother but I see this as a big nothing compared to the rest of what we have going on. Gun owners are bound and determined to give away their gun rights. This will happen long before the "poor" can't afford a gun because the price went up $25 for one. If Wally and Fred's stop selling guns the gun companies are not going out of business. All those guns are still going to be sold. More shops will compete for the business all those gun buyers have. With gun owners working full time to have their rights taken away being worried about Wally no longer selling guns will mean nothing.
You obviously don't understand busisness. Competition lowers prices, less competition, higher prices......it is as simple as that. That 225.00 10/22 is priced to compete with the sub 200.00 Bimart gun. Without Bimart that one will be closer to list. Discounters that are aggressive in any market set the pace......without them everything goes up everywhere. Bimart can afford to sell at or even below cost betting that while you are in the store, you will also buy other high profit items.....and we do. A small shop can not do that.

A great example was one poster here worried that BiMart would quit and no more 10/22's for less than $200.
Yea - why would it matter to him? how many did he plan on buying for 'less than $200'? Personally I predict a large part of the gun market drying up over the next few years and a possible return to a smaller market - much like it used to be. Some manufacturers will survive, some will fold and the market will level off but most likely smaller. If Wallys, Freds and some other box stores stop selling guns I don't believe it will be felt by the 'buying' market much.

You obviously don't understand busisness. Competition lowers prices, less competition, higher prices......it is as simple as that. That 225.00 10/22 is priced to compete with the sub 200.00 Bimart gun. Without Bimart that one will be closer to list. Discounters that are aggressive in any market set the pace......without them everything goes up everywhere.

There will still be a LOT of 10/22's being sold. I bought my first one when they were $79.95. Were we all starving before Wally came along? The problem is many seem to have no grasp of history. The world did not start when Wally and Fred's came along. We were buying guns long before. The small shops will get more business and will have to compete. This big box store thing is amazing to watch. When these stores first showed up people were yelling the sky is falling because they are here. Now the sky is falling because they may go away? All the while gun owners are trying to make guns illegal and this is what scares people? That price may go up a little? So if the big box stores keep selling them 10% less yet gun owners keep trying to make guns illegal you will sleep well? Guy take a breath, relax, all is not ending if BiMart stops selling guns. What you should be worried about is all your fellow gun people willing to give away the right to own one at all at any price. There is plenty to get worried about here but you are on the wrong problem.

You are absolutely correct......but discounters make life easier for young and lower middle class people. Everything from food to recreation to clothing prices have been driven down by the discount corporations. All prices have come down to compete with them.

Yea - why would it matter to him? how many did he plan on buying for 'less than $200'? Personally I predict a large part of the gun market drying up over the next few years and a possible return to a smaller market - much like it used to be. Some manufacturers will survive, some will fold and the market will level off but most likely smaller. If Wallys, Freds and some other box stores stop selling guns I don't believe it will be felt by the 'buying' market much.
The way the gun owners are going they are determined to elect more liberals. As soon as they do there will be another panic and gun sales will go through the roof again. Obama did almost everything he could to screw up the economy. The one place he was good for was gun sales. The next liberal will do the same thing again. Start singing gun bans and sales will skyrocket again. We will sooner or later, probably sooner, see more bans but, in the short term there will be another boom in sales. The manufacturers will be running 24/7 again to try to catch up. Should be fun to watch in a sad way. Many will be caught off guard again and screaming when ammo and guns are in short supply again. Amazing how short memories are. <shrug>

If they stopped selling for rude they would lose half their sales :). I often have to bite my tongue in line listening to the load of crap many customers seem to want to pile on the poor slob at the counter.

My wife is a poor slob at the counter. I get to hear all sorts of interesting stories of how the customer is always right.

I'd think that this being laid out in Federal and state statutes would be the difference. If the feds, state or local municipalities enacted a law saying that rooms or cars shall be rented to 18's or older than it seems that they would have to abide by it.

"Provided that federal law and the laws of both the dealer`s and purchaser`s states and localities are complied with:

An individual 18 years of age or older may purchase a rifle or shotgun from a federally licensed dealer in any state.
An individual 21 years of age or older may acquire a handgun from a dealer federally licensed to sell firearms in the individual`s state of residence."
Just out of curiosity what does MAY purchase really mean?

My wife is a poor slob at the counter. I get to hear all sorts of interesting stories of how the customer is always right.

I feel for her. I tend to try to be over the top nice and patient with retail because I know the crap they have to take. Wife is a manager at a company that deals with the public. The stories she tells are amazing. While back some big store here a manager was gone after over some welfare queen. She was raising hell that she could not buy some non food item with the food stamps I give her. She gave some manager so much crap he gave in and let her have what she wanted. BIG MISTAKE, but the bigger one was him saying to her "sorry I work 60 hours a week to give you your free everything". She ran to the press who of course made her the hero and the manager the evil person who should be fired. We have created an entire generation of "entitled little A$$hats.

Just out of curiosity what does MAY purchase really mean?

Just what is says. Which is why as much as I would like to see this guy win I will be totally shocked if he does. I fully expect first judge to see this will just toss it. Then it will be up to people willing to spend money. A lot of money, to push this. I doubt the lawyer doing it is going to do it for free so someone will have to be willing to fork over a lot of money. We shall see soon enough.

I feel for her. I tend to try to be over the top nice and patient with retail because I know the crap they have to take. Wife is a manager at a company that deals with the public. The stories she tells are amazing. While back some big store here a manager was gone after over some welfare queen. She was raising hell that she could not buy some non food item with the food stamps I give her. She gave some manager so much crap he gave in and let her have what she wanted. BIG MISTAKE, but the bigger one was him saying to her "sorry I work 60 hours a week to give you your free everything". She ran to the press who of course made her the hero and the manager the evil person who should be fired. We have created an entire generation of "entitled little A$$hats.

My favorite was the customer who came in and saw a bird flying in the store. It happens. She went up to the customer service desk and demanded payment for her pain and suffering for seeing the bird in the store....or she would call the district manager and let him know about the bird. She got pissed because the store manager only offered her a $20 gift certificate .

Then theres the daily parade of tweakers stealing stuff and walking right up to the customer service desk to return it for cash.

Should be fun to watch in a sad way.
Yep - kind of like I have been watching it since the AWB of 94. A panic hits then people scramble to buy something they should already have - If they wanted it in the first place. They pay high three to four figures - then whine when the market falls and they are stuck with it. I have never participated in a 'panic buy' - the guns I own have never been part of any 'panic' and I bought them when I found the ones I wanted. None of the 'panic buys' I have witnessed have ever made sense - for buyers that is.

My favorite was the customer who came in and saw a bird flying in the store. It happens. She went up to the customer service desk and demanded payment for her pain and suffering for seeing the bird in the store....or she would call the district manager and let him know about the bird. She got pissed because the store manager only offered her a $20 gift certificate .

Then theres the daily parade of tweakers stealing stuff and walking right up to the customer service desk to return it for cash.

LOL, decades ago a store called Grants opened where I lived. One of the first big box stores. They had a pet department with birds. Some kind of small parrots got out one day. They flew up to the high ceilings. No one could get them. They would crap on stuff and get into food when store closed. Word got out in the local news that the store was going to hire some to come in and shoot the birds with air rifles. A bunch of people showed up waving signs protesting this. Even back then we had too many people with too much time on their hands :)

I'm wishing Mr Watson luck in this, but don't see a decision in his favor unless it gets to the Supreme Court. Oregon courts are a biased joke, and the 9th would never give him a win.

I suspect a patented "OREGON LEGISLATIVE EMERGENCY!!!" in response now that there is a gun grabbing supermajority in both Oregon houses thanks to a few key Republican traiturds joining up.
Any legislation now would be meaningless. That ship has sailed. They refused him service. You can't un-ring a bell. And BTW, the law is pretty clear and so is the case law. I don't believe this will get to to 9th Circuit. Look for a quiet settlement.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top